Sunday June 1, 2008 4:39 pm
Introducing Gear Live Points
We’ve been working on a way to recognize you readers who participate here on our network of sites at Gear Live, and we are happy to announce the launch of Gear Live Points. In a nutshell, Points are awarded to users whenever they take any sort of interactive action on Gear Live. We think it’s a fun way to spice up your daily visits to the site.
You earn points for all the following actions:
- Becoming a member: 100 points
- Upload a member photo: 50 points
- Choose or upload an avatar: 25 points
- Posting a blog comment: 1 point
- Posting a gallery comment: 1 point
- Assign a forum signature: 10 points
- Posting a forum topic: 2 points
- Posting a forum reply: 1 point
- Receiving a forum reply: 1 point
- Vote in a poll: 3 points
You must be logged in to earn points, and you can see the total amount of points you’ve earned right at the top of all pages. We are coming up with some cool things you will be able to do with your points, so stay tuned for that.
To kick off the launch of Gear Live Points, we are running a contest - our HP HDX Dragon giveaway. Good luck to all participants!
NOTE: Those found abusing Gear Live Points (like posting excessive comments/forum posts that don’t say anything or contribute to the conversation) will suffer a loss of points. This policy is at Gear Live’s sole discretion.