Wednesday May 16, 2007 9:09 pm
Zune Halo 3 Edition Details
We see that a bunch of you enjoyed our Halo 3 Edition Zune unboxing gallery, so we figured you might be interested in knowing a few more details on the device. We just got official word from the Microsoft Zune team on these facts, so you can pretty much bank on the following. First of all, the Halo 3 Edition Zune will only be available in one color - black with a blue double-shot. Obviously, it has all the external markings that distinguish it from the normal black Zune, but don’t go expecting any Master Chief green units.
The Zune Halo 3 Edition will be launching on June 15, 2007, and will be exclusively available from Gamestop stores. That means if you want one, you aren’t going to be able to order one from Amazon or pick one up at Best Buy - you gotta head to the wretchedness known as Gamestop. For those wondering about price, the Halo 3 Zune will run for $249.99 - same price as all the other Zunes out there. What’s cool about that, though, is the fact that you get a lot of pre-loaded content on the Halo 3 Edition Zune. We aren’t just talking about the custom wallpaper either - you can expect a collection of content from Halo, Halo 2, and Halo 3, including videos, full soundtracks, trailers, and artwork. You can check the full list of content on the Zune Halo 3 edition after the break.
Zune Halo 3 Edition Features
- Special-edition collectible. Fully customized with a “Halo 3” graphic overlay and collectible packaging.
- Pre-loaded “Halo” content. Packed with videos, music and artwork from the famed “Halo” franchise, an exclusive new episode of “Red vs. Blue” from the fan-adored machinima creators Rooster Teeth Productions LLC, and more. The content package includes the following:
- “Halo: Original Soundtrack” — complete album
- “Halo 2: Original Soundtrack,” Volume 1 — all tracks by Marty O’Donnell and Michael Salvatori
- “Halo 2: Original Soundtrack,” Volume 2 — complete album
- “Halo 3” “Starry Night” advertisement
- “Halo 3” E3 2006 announcement trailer
- “Halo 2” theatrical teaser trailer
- Three documentary videos on the making of “Halo 3”
- A custom episode of “Red vs. Blue” just for Zune
- The first six episodes of “Red vs. Blue” Season 1
Artwork: More than 120 images are included, including game concept art, storyboards, paintings, and conceptual marketing imagery.
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.