Friday April 20, 2007 7:08 pm
Apple Releases Aperture 1.5.3 Update
Apple has just released an update to their pro photo editing and management application, Aperture. Users who download and install the update will enjoy an increase in reliability and performance in different areas of Aperture, including:
- Generation of thumbnails for adjusted images
- Restoring from a vault
- Entering and exiting Full Screen mode
- Working with large sets keywords in the Keywords HUD
A couple of Aperture users wrote in and told us that, after installing the update, they noticed a considerable performance increase, which can only be taken as a plus. There are also a few specific fixes that Apple addressed in this update, including:
- Previews now update properly when images are sent to an external editor.
- Leaf Aptus 22 and Aptus 75 images are now imported with the correct orientation.
- When folders are imported as projects, the folder structure is now correctly preserved when identically named subfolders are included in the hierarchy.
- Reconnecting referenced images that have been externally edited now works more reliably.
- Setting the ColorSync profile in the Aperture Print dialog now correctly suppresses color management settings in the Mac OS X Print dialog.
If you have Aperture installed, you can grab the 129 MB 1.5.3 upgrade by firing up Software Update, or by hitting up the download site.
Read More | Aperture 1.5.3 Update
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.