Monday April 19, 2010 3:44 pm
Next Apple iPhone revealed!
Over the weekend, rumors that Apple’s next generation iPhone (iPhone HD?) had been uncovered due to someone leaving it in a bar in San Jose had been running rampant. Images made their way to the Internet, claims that it was a Japanese fake were made, only to be taken back later. Nothing was decisive—until this morning when my pal Jason over at Gizmodo published a complete breakdown of the phone. Yeah, it seems Gizmodo paid someone a pretty penny to get the phone into their hands, and as a result, we pretty much know all about the major features in the next iPhone, which should drop in June. Here are the immediate, obvious feature additions:
- Completely new enclosure, with a flat back that is seemingly made of glass or ceramic
- Front-facing camera (finally!)
- Higher-resolution camera on back
- Flash for camera on back
- Higher resolution, albeit slightly smaller, display
- Separate volume buttons (likely also double as dedicated camera buttons when taking photos)
- Noise cancellation mic
- Battery has 16% higher capacity
- 3 grams heavier than iPhone 3GS
- Uses a micro-SIM
It’s obvious that Apple has definitely been listening to the complaints and requests from iPhone customers, and they’ve definitely done a lot to make the next iPhone stand out from the pack. In fact, this really looks and feels like the first true step up in the iPhone line, with previous new models introducing few hardware changes over previous models.
This is a big deal, as it is the first time that we can remember a major piece of Apple hardware falling into the hands of a company outsider, let alone press, in advance of it being officially unveiled and announced - especially in this manner. We think that Apple’s chief designer said it best on Twitter earlier this morning, with a simple “This isn’t good.”
Gallery: Next Apple iPhone revealed!
- Related Tags:
- adslice, apple, apple iphone, apple iphone 4, cellphones, iphone 2010, iphone 4, iphone 4g, iphone hd, iphone pro, iphone rumors, leaks, next iphone, rumors, sidefeatured