- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
Tuesday March 30, 2010 12:11 pm
Mac OS X 10.6.3 released, causes problems for some
Apple finally released Mac OS X 10.6.3 yesterday morning, aimed at providing fixes that enhance the stabilit and security of your Mac, but it seems that a few people are experiencing some major issues after installing. On the bright side, we’ve heard that manually downloading the update, rather than bringing it in using Software Update, results in no problems at all. Here’s the quick list of fixes you’ll find in 10.6.3:
- improve the reliability and compatibility of QuickTime X
- address compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications
- address an issue that causes background message colors to display incorrectly in Mail
- resolve an issue that prevented files with the # or & characters in their names from opening in Rosetta applications
- resolve an issue that prevented files from copying to Windows file servers
- improve performance of Logic Pro 9 and Main Stage 2 when running in 64-bit mode
- improve sleep and wake reliability when using Bonjour wake on demand
- address a color issue in iMovie with HD content
- improve printing reliability
- resolve issues with recurring events in iCal when connected to an Exchange server
- improve the reliability of 3rd party USB input devices
- fix glowing, stuck, or dark pixels when viewing video from the iMac (Late 2009) built-in iSight camera
You can go ahead and grab it now if you’re running Snow Leopard.
- Related Tags:
- 10.6.3, apple, ical, mac, mac os x 10.6.3, operating systems, os x, quicktime x, snow leopard, software update
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.