Tuesday October 3, 2006 1:27 pm
Playstation Magazine’s Hands-On with the Playstation 3
Playstation Magazine (PSM) got to play with what could be a final release version of a Playstation 3. Yes, it does work! In fact, it works “brilliantly” according to the users at PSM. There are some really nice pics on the site to check out showing the brilliant detail on their HD screen.
- It’s quiet like a sleeping baby. A barely audible hum. With the TV on you simply can’t hear it at all.
- It’s heavy like a planet. No, really. It’s impossible to pick up with one hand.
- It’s shiny like a mirror. In fact, it’s impossible to take a photograph of it without the flash spanging every picture into a starburst mess. And therefore it’s massively prone to fingerprintage too, with the tiny amount of dust in the office magically attaching itself to its surface in seconds.
- The PS3 joypad is very light and the tilt system is very responsive.
- The start up is amazingly fast. And game load times were faster than expected. In fact, PS3 does both at about the same speed of PSP. ie, Long load times due to the massive Blu-ray disc? Nope. Simply not an issue.
Read More | Playstation Magazine