- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
Friday July 23, 2010 8:39 am
Parallels Desktop 5 build 9370 released
For all of you who run Windows and Linux virutal machines on your Mac by way of Parallels Desktop 5, you should know that the company has released an update this morning aimed at improving performance and enhancing compatibility. The update is recommended for all users of Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac, and is free. Here’s the list of changes:
- Mac folders shared with Windows now work correctly with MS Outlook, Lotus, Quicken and other Windows applications.
- Support for Autodesk Revit 2011 was fixed.
- MS Office 2010 activation is preserved in Boot Camp virtual machines.
- OpenGL now works correctly in Ubuntu 10.04 virtual machines.
- Virtual machines using Boot Camp partitions on 512 GB solid-state disks (SSDs) now work correctly.
- The problem with invisible virtual machines list on new MacBook Pros (released in early 2010) was fixed.
- A rare problem with Windows virtual machine’s screen turning black after upgrading to Mac OS X v10.6.3 was fixed.
- Problems with Parallels Service stopping to respond when the Parallels Desktop settings file is corrupt were fixed.
- Problems with screen resolution in Mac OS X Server v10.6.3 virtual machines were fixed.
You can get a copy of Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac for $10 off with $175 in free software.
- Related Tags:
- linux, mac, opengl, parallels, parallels desktop, parallels desktop 5, parallels desktop 5 9370, software, updates, virtualization, windows
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.