- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Enter Our Ultimate Summer Tech Giveaway!
That’s right - we are giving away a Summer Tech Package that includes a high-tech Fuego Element grill, Monster Superstar Backfloat waterproof speaker, and a mobile charging bank from iFrogz! Head on over to our giveaway page in order to enter. Good luck!
Tuesday July 12, 2005 8:02 pm
OSX 10.4.2 Now Available
In releasing OS 10.4 (Tiger) Apple certainly managed to present Windows XP with some serious competition. Deeply integrated features like Spotlight and Dashboard brought it head and shoulders above many other operating systems. Like all operating systems it had a few flaws (of which this editor noticed the WiFi issues the most) but luckily Apple announced the 10.4.2 update today which should fix the majority of the problems encountered so far. Updates include:
- File sharing using AFP and SMB/CIFS network file services
- Single sign-on authentication and reliable access to Active Directory servers
- Autologin for managed user accounts
- AirPort and wireless access
- Core Graphics, Core Audio, Core Image, including updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
- Finder updates including finding on Kind and using Slideshow
- Synchronizing your iDisk with .Mac
- Installation reliability
- Managing Dashboard widgets
- Address Book, Automator, iCal, iChat, Mail, Safari, and Stickies applications
- Compatibility with third party applications and devices
Check your Software Update panel for the goods! I did and so far I’m quite happy (other than the install failed the first time, but I think there was a download glitch). This update is one of the rare OSX updates that requires a restart.
Read More | Mac OS 10.4.2 information
- Related Tags:
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.