- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
Wednesday April 18, 2012 12:11 pm
OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Developer Preview 3 now available
Apple has just released a new OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Developer Preview about a month after the last release. Dubbed Mountain Lion Developer Preview 3, build 12A178q is the third beta release of the company's next major desktop operating system. Developers can grab a download redemption code in the Apple Developer portal, which will be used to get the update from the Mac App Store. OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion will be publicly released late this summer, but anyone with a Mac developer account can get access to the Developer Previews immediately. Release notes after the break.
- On systems with FileVault enabled, canceling the restart to the Mountain Lion Developer Preview 3 Installer may leave your system unable to present a password dialog at boot time. You can repair the problem by holding down command-R to boot to the Recovery OS and then using Disk Utility to unlock and Repair your volume.
- Installing OS X 10.8 over 10.7.2 or earlier with FileVault turned on may fail
- Pre-Lion FileVault user accounts are not supported in this Developer Preview- Some Apple menu items such as Restart may not work when a sandboxed app is in the foreground
- iTunes no longer syncs Notes
- Mail's photo browser cannot access the iPhoto library
- Back to My Mac doesn't work for the first 5 minutes after rebooting
- DVD Player may not launch after inserting a DVD on some systems
- Most help topics are unavailable in this Developer Preview
In the Recovery HD:
- Some icons may be missing
- Network Utility's Lookup pane does not work
- Time Machine restoration via a AFP share does not work
- Restoring from a Time Machine backup via AFP does not work
- Migration from a Time Machine backup that excludes paths such as /System may yield an unusable system
- Brightness settings may change unexpectedly after reboot
- Display brightness may be dim after sleep or reboot
- If Mail is hidden at logout time, it may not be correctly relaunched during a subsequent login but will appear to be running
- Java applets may not work in Safari
- QuickTime screen recordings may produce corrupted videos or cause an exception when run on machines with NVDIA graphics
- Related Tags:
- 12a178q, apple, developer preview, mac, mac app store, mountain lion, mountain lion 12a178q, mountain lion developer preview, mountain lion developer preview 3, mountain lion download, operating system, operating systems, os, os x, os x 10.8, os x mountain lion, software
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.