- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
Wednesday May 24, 2006 8:20 am
Office 2007 Public Preview and New Windows Beta Builds
With WinHEC (Windows Hardware Engineering Conference) in full swing this week, it’s not unusual that we see new builds of beta products float to the surface. This time around we have new builds of Loghorn Server and Windows Vista, both at build 5384, as well as Beta 2 of Office 2007.
Office 2007 Beta 2 is available as a public preview, and if you opt for the Professional Plus version, weighs in as a 550MB download. Per Ars Technica, “Office 2007 uses the new Microsoft Office Open XML file format, and will be broken down into seven different editions: Office Basic, Office Home and Student, Office Standard, Office Small Business, Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, and Office Enterprise.
* Basic includes Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Home and Student includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and One Note
* Standard includes Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
* Small Business is the same as Standard plus Publisher and Outlook with Business Contact Manager
* Professional includes everything from Small Business plus Access
* Professional Plus comes with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, InfoPath, and Communicator. It also includes Integrated Enterprise Content Management, Electronic Forms, and Advanced Information Rights and Policy Capabilities
* Office Enterprise adds OneNote and Groove 2007 to the Professional Plus package.”
Unlike Office 2007, the new builds of Windows are not available to the public and can only be had from MSDN, Technet, or the beta program.
Read More | Office 2007 Public Preview Site
- Related Tags:
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.