Thursday September 7, 2006 5:20 am
Litebook May Relieve SAD
If you live in an area with long winters and tend to hibernate, or if you spend most of your time in the basement with your ‘puter, you might suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). Symptoms include depression, low energy, irritabilty, carb cravings (!), low concentration ability, insomnia, even social withdrawal and reduced libido.
The Litebook may be the answer to your problem. It uses bright light therapy which involves regular (usually daily) exposure to an artificial light source at an accepted therapeutic intensity (> 2,500 lux). Exposure duration and distance from the source are set within certain limits.
- Size: 6” x 5” x 1” (15cm x 12.5cm x 2.5cm)
- Weight: 8oz. (225g)
- Impact-resistant ABS plastic injection-molded case
- Operates on AC (110-240v) and DC power with optional Adapter
- Low power consumption
- No UV Radiation
- UL certified
- Power adapter cord length 6’ (180cm)
The Litebook will become available this October at a MSRP of £199.00 (~$375.00). A battery recharger is also available for £235.00 (~$442.00). Occasional mild side-effects may occur, including headaches, a ‘stinging’ sensation in the eyes, and nausea, but we think that beats a 20-bags-of-Cheetos-a-day habit.
Read More | Litebook Product Page
- Related Tags:
- bright light therapy, cheetos, insomnia, irritability, libido, light, litebook, litebook company ltd, low concentration, low energy, sad depression, seasonal depression, side effects, social withdrawal, uv radiation
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.