- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
Thursday October 11, 2012 12:01 am
iPod touch (5th generation) teardown
When a major Apple product hits stores, you can count on iFixIt to take it apart, and that's just what it did with the new fifth-generation iPod touch. The new iPod touch features the same 4-inch display found in the iPhone 5, and began shipping to customers earlier this week. Here's what's inside:
- Apple A5 SoC Processor
- Hynix H9TKNNN4KDBRCR 512 MB RAM
- Toshiba THGBX2G8D4JLA01 32 GB NAND flash
- Apple 3381064 dialog power management IC
- Murata 339S0171 Wi-Fi module
- Broadcom BCM 5976 touchscreen controller
- Apple 33831116
- STMicroelectronics AGD32229ESGEK low-power, three-axis gyroscope
- Texas Instruments 27AZ5R1 touchscreen SoC
According to iFixIt, this is one of the hardest iPods to repair. Heck, it's just hard to get inside the thing due to lack of external screws, earning it a repairability score of 3 out of 10 (the iPhone 5 scored a 7 out of 10, for comparison sake.) There are a few other juicy highlight as well, so head on over to iFixIt for the full breakdown. You can pick up the new iPod touch for $299.
- Related Tags:
- 5th generation ipod touch, apple, ifixit, ifixit teardown, ios, ipod, ipod touch, ipod touch 5th generation, ipod touch teardown, music, music player, teardown, teardowns, touch
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.