Monday June 7, 2010 4:55 pm
iPhone 4: $199 on June 24, FaceTime video chat, HD video recording
Today at WWDC 2010, Apple finally announced the iPhone Pro. Obviously, the leaks have been coming hot and heavy over the past month, but hey, now that it’s official, let’s take a look at the rundown on all the specs of what is obviously the most feature-packed iPhone to date:
- Glass on front and back, with a stainless steel bezel
- The steel bezel doubles as the antenna system for HSDPA/UMTS/HSUPA/EDGE, Bluetooth 2.1, and 802.11b/g/n
- It’s got a 960x640 LED-backlit display that is rated at 326ppi, which Apple refers to as a Retina Display. It boasts IPS technology and an 800:1 contrast ratio.
- On the inside, the iPhone 4 is powered by the Apple A4 chip.
- 5-megapixel camera that also records HD 720p video at 30 frames per second
- LED flash
- A second, VGA-quality front camera which can be used for self-portraits and video at 30 frames per second.
- FaceTime video chat. Connect with other iPhone 4 users and use the front camera to chat using video.
- Three-axis gyroscope
- Noise cancellation built-in
This is obviously the most ambitious iPhone upgrade that Apple has ever done, and it looks awesome. Battery life has also been improved, now offering 7 hours of 3G talk time (14 hours on EDGE.) The iPhone 4 is also just 0.37-inches thin, 25% thinner than the iPhone 3GS.
The iPhone 4 will be available in either white or black, starting at $199 for the 16GB model, or $299 for the 32GB model, with two-year contract. AT&T has bumped up upgrade eligibility of a bunch of customers, so if you were eligible for an upgrade anytime in the next six months, you should be good to go if you wanna grab a new iPhone 4! Oh, and the iPhone 3GS has been dropped down to $99 and will only be available in 8GB. You’ll be able to pre-order your iPhone 4 starting on June 15, and the device will be available in the USA, France, Germany, UK, and Japan at launch, with 18 more countries to follow in July.
Read More | Apple iPhone
- Related Tags:
- adslice, apple, facetime, iphone, iphone 4, iphone 4 features, iphone 4g, sidefeatured, wwdc, wwdc 2010
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.