Wednesday June 15, 2005 2:35 pm
Gear Live Turns One Year Old!
That’s right ladies and germs - Gear Live has now been ruining the minds of people everywhere for one full year. Looking back, it has gone by amazingly fast and has grown in readership just as quickly. Here are a few fun facts:
- Our first article article was an interview with Scott Jordan, CEO and Founder of SCOTTeVEST.
- Gear Live started as a hobby site that I did in my spare time, and over the last year, morphed into my full-time job.
- We had 5653 unique visitors in our first month. Last month, we had over 350,000.
- There was a time when the message boards received more traffic than the blog.
- We started the site on MovableType, and switch to Expression Engine after about six months due to its immense flexibility.
- We have posted 1176 articles, received 4582 comments and 92 trackbacks, and have gotten 1372 members in the last year.
- If you weren’t around back then, here is a peek at what Gear Live used to look like.
- A couple of months ago, Playfeed was born.
These are some of our most popular articles:
- Why Apple Makes A One Buttoned Mouse
- Total Immersion’s D’Fusion Technology
- Why Sony’s PSP Will Suck
- The Top Ten Things You Need To Know About Sony’s PSP
- SLEEPTRACKER Watch Review
- Mod Your Xbox Without A Mod Chip
- HOW TO: Back Up and Upgrade The Mac mini Hard Drive
- Legal Concert Downloads: A Look At The Tech
- Samsung SCH-a670 Review
What about gifts? Glad you asked. To celebrate, we have a bunch of stuff we will be giving away - starting with a SCOTTeVEST TEC T-Shirt, which isn’t even available to the public yet. To win, simply tell us what your favorite Gear Live article has been from the past year in our comments section. Remember, as far as the U.S. goes, you have to be in it to win it - and a winner will be selected randomly.
- Related Tags: