Tuesday August 22, 2006 7:48 pm
Gear Live Giveaway: iRiver clix - Reminder!
Just a reminder…
So, check it. Gear Live reader and forum contributer Admiral_Kirk made it clear to us that our recent contests have been a bit too hard, not allowing the Average Joe to win because of the expertise required. Fine, we can understand that. So, we decided that to make up for that, we will make it insanely easy to win an iRiver clix from us. I mean, seriously, the person who wins is the person who wants it the most.
We want you, our readers, to help support the site in any way you can think of. No, we are not taking cash donations, we want to see your creativity. How can you support us you ask? Easy:
- Start posting on our forums, and contribute to discussions taking place there. We will be monitoring them - if you become a regular, you are entered to win.
- Add us to your Digg and/or Netscape friends lists - username andru - and vote for the stuff we submit. If you help promote any of our stories, from any of our sites (Gear Live, Playfeed, The Bleeding Edge, TV Envy, Unboxing, End Score, etc.), you are entered to win. There is no limit to the number of entries.
- Link to us on your site, your MySpace page, your blog, in your signature on forums you visit, wherever. Tell the world about us. Oh, and the more creative, the better. If you do something wildly outlandish (like pulling up the site on every PC in Best Buy), send us proof.
- Subscribe to any (or all) of our free magazine subscriptions. Each time you subscribe to something you haven’t subscribed for in the past, you are entered to win.
- Do things we haven’t even thought of.
Now, we want you to tell us what it is you are doing to enter the contest. That is why we have set up this forum thread - when you do something, let us know. Did you Digg a Gear Live story? Let us know. Subscribe to a few magazines? Tell us. Plaster your cat with the Gear Live logo? Post pics. Let’s have some fun with this one guys. The contest will run through the end of August, and in the spirit of the whole word of mouth thing, we want at least ten people in the running. Of course, we expect a lot more than ten to enter, because - quite frankly - this one really is a giveaway. There is no limit to the number of times a person can enter - you are limited by your own time and imagination. Oh, and location, as you must have a US shipping address to be eligible to win.
Any questions? Ask in the forum. Good luck!