Tuesday April 26, 2005 11:03 am
Dubai Emerates Palace Tech Hotel
This is the kind of place I would image just about every Gear Live reader would love to spend an extended vacation. It’s the Emerates Palace, where some staff get around on Segway units, and their private beach is Internet ready - and check out the amenity list:
- The most advanced hotel multimedia system, including touch screen control panel, will allow guests full control of all room appliances such as lights, air-conditioning and in-room entertainment
- Interactive TV provides high speed Internet, games, access to room bill, shopping, room service, telephone directory, videos on request, instant rewind and pausing of programs
- 50-inch plasma screens in all rooms
- 50 and 61-inch plasma screens in the suites
- All suites equipped with a laptop and a scanner/printer/fax unit
- Language preferences are set at reception upon check in which can be easily operated as soon as the guest reaches the room
The cheapest room is 2,000.00 AED, which comes out to about $545 USD per night. Spendy!
Read More | USA Today
- Related Tags:
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.