Monday April 11, 2011 2:00 pm
CheckingFinder finds high-interest free checking - we’re giving away one $150 account!
With checking fees and interest rates being below 1%, we know that it feels like your bank makes more money from you than you do from them in the current economic climate.
We can all use a little more money, and CheckingFinder aims to help by finding free checking accounts that pay interest rates like it's 1992 – I'm talking about 4% or more in some cases. In fact, a friend of mine in Austin was able to get a free checking account with 4.11% interest rate -- that is more than 4 times greater than you'd get at Wells Fargo or Bank of America.
CheckingFinder focuses its efforts on the best checking accounts from smaller, regional banks. Since these free, online accounts are a big part of their business, these banks make it easy for anyone with basic computer skills to deposit, withdraw or use the bank as if it were next door.
We are going to be giving away one $150 starter account to one of our readers. All you need to do to enter is head on over to the Gear Live Facebook page, Like us, and leave a comment on our wall. You've gotta be in the US to win, and we will pick a winner on April 15th.
So, there has to be a catch right?
To get the high interest rates you have to do some combination of the following items (depending on the bank you chose):
- Minimum of number of debit card purchases usually 10 (ATM usage does not count toward the purchases)
- Automatic payment and/or direct deposit transfer
- Receive your monthly account statement electronically
- High Interest rate is only available on the first $10,000 or so of you balance (depending on the bank)
But for meeting these qualifications you usually get:
- Rates usually 2 to 4 times the national average
- Reimbursed or free ATM fees nationwide
- Free Checking
- No Minimum Balance
- Free Visa Debit Card
- Online E-statements
- Free Online Banking with Unlimited Bill Pay
- FDIC or National Credit Union Administration insured banks
If you don’t meet the minimum requirements, your interest rate goes to a lower rate for that month. It is a pretty good deal if you are looking to get more for your money and you can handle the few requirements. Head on over to CheckingFinder to see what high-interest free accounts are available for you, and be sure to use promo code CF111.
- Related Tags:
- cf111, checking accounts, checkingfinder, checkingfinder promo code, contest, contests, free checking accounts, giveaway, giveaways, high interest checking accounts, high interest savings accounts
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.