Tuesday June 4, 2013 12:21 pm
Apple releases OS X 10.8.4, highlighted by Wi-Fi & Exchange improvements
Apple has just released OS X 10.8.4 for it's desktop and notebook computer lines. The latest update to Mountain Lion is mostly focused on stability and security, fixing things like Microsoft Exchange calendaring, corporate Wi-Fi issues, and the like. Safari 6.0.5 is also included in this release. Fire up the Mac App Store to grab it. Full changelog after the break.
- Compatibility improvements when connecting to certain enterprise Wi-Fi networks
- Microsoft Exchange compatibility improvements in Calendar
- A fix for an issue that prevented FaceTime calls to non-U.S. phone numbers
- A fix for an issue that may prevent scheduled sleep after using Boot Camp
- Improves VoiceOver compatibility with text in PDF documents
- Includes Safari 6.0.5, which improves stability for some websites with chat features and games
- A fix for an issue that may cause iMessages to display out of order in Messages
- Resolves an issue in which Calendars Birthdays may appear incorrectly in certain time zones
- A fix for an issue that may prevent the desktop background picture from being preserved after restart
- A fix for an issue that may prevent documents from being saved to a server using SMB
- Addresses an issue that may prevent certain files from opening after copied to a volume named "Home"
- A fix for an issue that may prevent changes to files made over NFS from displaying
- Resolves an issue saving files to an Xsan volume from certain applications
- Improves Active Directory log-in performance, especially for cached accounts or when using a .local domain
- Improves OpenDirectory data replication
- Improves 802.1X compatibility with ActiveDirectory networks
- Improves compatibility when using mobile accounts
- Related Tags:
- 10.8.4, apple, imac, mac, mac pro, macbook, macbook air, macbook pro, mountain lion, operating system, os, os x, os x 10.8.4, software
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.