- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
Thursday November 1, 2012 10:57 am
Apple releases iOS 6.0.1 bug fix and optimization update
Apple has just released iOS 6.0.1, a maintenance update for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. The update adds a plethora of fixes and software optimizations, fixing things like that nasty Microsoft Exchange meeting cancellation bug. So now those employees with BYOD policies under IT rule can get a green light to update. This comes just in time for the new iPad mini and fourth generation iPad, both of which launch tomorrow. As always, do a backup before updating. Here is a list of changes that iOS 6.0.1 brings:
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
- Related Tags:
- apple, apple maps, ios, ios 6, ios 6 bugs, ios 6.0.1, ipad, iphone, iphone 5, ipod touch, microsoft exchange, sidefeatured, smartphones, tablets
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.