- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
Wednesday June 29, 2005 9:32 am
AMD Ready To Take On Intel In Federal Court
Computer chip maker AMD filed an antitrust complaint against rival Intel on Monday. The charges, filed in Federal Court, have AMD(Advanced Micro Devices) claiming that Intel used its size to “coerce” customers into deliberately avoiding AMD’s chips. Intel holds approximately 80% of the chip market, with AMD left with the remaining 20%. This is just the latest in a string of smaller tech. companies suing larger ones, but lawsuits like this don’t always have a negative effect on the parties involved. The case is likely to shed light on the world of chip sales, tech analysts say. The case isn’t expected to take down Intel, but will likely end up as a positive for both companies. Lawsuits often generate valuable publicity.
Read More | USA Today
- Related Tags:
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.