- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
Wednesday October 25, 2006 12:05 pm
AMD and Intel Slash Processor Prices
Both AMD and Intel announced price cuts earlier this week on both notebook and desktop processors, more than likely to clear room for new products in their respective lines. Here is a look at some of the price drops:
- The TL-60, a dual-core 2GHz Turion notebook chip, dropped 26 percent, from $354 to $263.
- The TL-56, which is a similar chip that runs at 1.8GHz, dropped from $263 to $220.
- The TL-52, which runs at 1.6GHz, goes from $220 to $184.
- On the desktop side of things, the Athlon 64 FX-62, a 2.8GHz monster chip for gamers, declined from $827 to $713.
On the Intel side of things:
- The Celeron D 360 for desktops went from $84 to $69, an 18 percent decline.
- The Celeron 326,that being the absolute bottom line chip from Intel, went from $39 to $34.
Be on the lookout for new chip releases from both companies soon.
Read More | CNET
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.