Tuesday October 18, 2011 10:40 am
Amazon Kindle 3.3 update details
The Kindle Keyboard Software Update, Version 3.3, adds four key features:
- The ability to store personal documents to your Kindle, for viewing anytime and on any supported Kindle app or device.
- Whipersync for personal documents. This automatically synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks and annotations for personal documents, not including PDFs.
- Kindle users can now purchase, view, and redeem AmazonLocal deals straight from their Kindles.
- A Voice Guide shortcut: you can now quickly turn on Voice Guide, which reads aloud menu options and content listings, by holding the Shift key and pressing Spacebar.
To receive the software update, connect your Kindle to Wi-Fi, press "Menu" and select "Sync and Check for Items." The update will be automatically downloaded onto your e-reader. Alternatively you can update your Kindle manually by connecting it to your computer via USB, downloading the update file to your computer and transferring it to your e-reader.
Amazon gives you 5GB of space to store personal documents. Last week, rival Apple unveiled a similar service, dubbed iCloud.
This article, written by Sara Yin, originally appeared on PCMag.com and is republished on Gear Live with the permission of Ziff Davis, Inc.
- Related Tags:
- amazon, amazon kindle, amazon kindle 3.3, cloud, cloud storage, e-book readers, e-readers, ebook readers, ereaders, kindle, kindle 3.3, kindle keyboard