- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
The fine folks at ESPN have updated their ScoreCenter app to version 3.0. The update finally adds iPhone 5 support and a new, cleaner UI that should simplify navigation. A welcomed change to an app whose previous versions got very cluttered and confusing. Also, to activate push notification alerts, users must have an ESPN account.
What's New in Version 3.0
- ScoreCenter has been completely revamped and optimized for iPhone 5 and iOS 6. With a new design and simple navigation, ScoreCenter makes it easier than ever to access the latest scores, news, and video clips for all of your favorite teams and sports.
Read More | iTunes
Finally, the iconic sneaker brand, Nike, has updated its Nike+ Running app to version 4.1, which supports the iPhone 5 display. Surely, it wasn't a sprint but a marathon in getting this app updated for users, considering it only took them almost 3 months. All griping aside, the app has included some neat features. Click on through for a rundown.
Read More | Nike+ Running
I can't deny how excited we at Gear Live are about AgileBits's update to its successful password management app. 1Password Pro is now at version 4, and with it comes an overhauled UI and a host of cool, new features like iCloud support, integrated full browser, and demo mode.
Undoubtedly, iCloud sync has to be the stand out feature. Now all of your iDevices that have 1Password 4 (1P4) installed will automagically have the same data whether it be iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, all transferred and stored in 256-bit AES encryption. You can also simultaneously use DropBox as sync protocol along with iCloud; great news for those who use multivendor hardware.
1Password 4 now has a new full integrated browser built right inside the app that has a URL bar, tabs and full access to your password vault.
Read More | 1Password 4
Instagram started it; Facebook has it now and, of course, social micro-blogging service Twitter won't be left behind. Twitter has followed suit with it's own editing and filtering functionality update in version 5.2. Here is a list of changes and new features:
Create beautiful photos right within Twitter, with filters powered by Aviary.
- Apply one of eight different filters to instantly add a new look and feel to your photos
- Choose a filter by comparing all your options in a convenient grid view or by swiping through each version
- Make your photos pop with balanced light and colors by tapping the auto-enhance wand
- Crop and scale to frame the action the way you want
- We’ve also added many other improvements and fixes to this update.
Read More | Twitter
Apple has updated Find My iPhone to version 2.0.1 and has added driving directions to your lost or stolen Apple device. The update brings a new feature called Lost Mode, which we're assuming tracks movement and stops with pin points. We at Gear Live highly recommend installing and enabling Find My iPhone on every iOS device you own.
- Driving directions to device location (iOS 6 or later)
- Play Sound, Lost Mode, and Erase buttons appear separately from map view
Read More | iTunes
Photo enthusiasts will be happy to know that their favorite mobile photo editing social app, Instagram, has been updated. Version 3.2 has a plethora of new features and design improvements, along with deeper FourSquare integration. Here is a list of changes that come with this update.
- A new filter! Willow
- Take photos faster with Instagram’s all-new camera
- Improved quality of tilt-shift
- Scroll infinitely on user profiles and other grid views
- We added a Foursquare button on location pages that opens the Foursquare app (or Foursquare mobile website) with details about the venue
- Filtered photos are now saved to a separate album called "Instagram" in the camera roll
- New welcome screen design
Read More | Instagram
The cool folks at 1 Infinite Loop have bestowed a gift upon iOS users: The Twelve Days of Christmas app. The app is universal and works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, and starts giving away free gifts (songs, music, apps, books, and TV shows) for twelve consecutive days starting on Dec 26th, and ending on January 6th. The app is currently available in the iTunes Canadian Store.
Read More | iTunes 12 Days of Christmas
Saying "finally" never gets old, especially when used appropriately: the YouTube for iOS app from Google is now, finally, updated to handle iPhone 5 4-inch display, as well as the two size flavors of iPad. The update fixes a head scratcher with AirPlay: Google for "reasons unknown" deciding to limit AirPlay functionality when the app first launched, even though AirPlay is on by default whenever you code an app that has any video functionally. Here is a list of more features of version 1.1.04126. Hopefully I didn't misplace a decimal point.
- Optimized for iPad and iPhone 5
- Stream videos with AirPlay
- Tap logo to open your Guide of channels
- Add and remove videos from your playlists
Read More | YouTube for iOS
Google is following up the release of Gmail 2.0 for iOS earlier this morning with a new version of Google Voice that's optimized for the iPhone 5 widescreen display. You can download Google Voice 1.4.4 now from the App Store for free.
Google has finally released version 2.0 of its native Gmail client app for iOS. It has much requested features and a complete resign that is cleaner than before. TechCrunch columnist MG Siegler says the app had no influence from the Sparrow acquisition, which is surprising since version 2.0's UI looks decent. Here is a list of the updated features.
- Multiple account support
- App redesigned with a new, cleaner look
- Search predictions as you type
Hopefully the team turns its attention to the YouTube app for iOS which is sorely needing a clean revamp that also supports iPhone 5 and the iPad. Fingers crossed.
Read More | Gmail
© Gear Live Inc. – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.