1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 5
Gear Live Holiday Gift & Giveaway Guide Thread!
Posted: 01 December 2005 07:07 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

My favorite gift is the SCOTTeVEST Rodeo. There’s only one way to describe it: SSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one of their vests, and it is perfect for my ipod, v710 (Verizon), Casio ES100 Digital Camera, Extra memory cards and batteries, my wallet, gum, and everything else a Stylin’ Tech Geek, such as myself, wants to carry without everyone looking. This new coat is great for these upcoming winter months, especially on the East coast, and will definitely be on many people’s holiday wish list! Hopefully, I don’t have to ask for it from family, and Andru will send me one 😊

As for the greatest holiday gift I ever received, it would without a doubt have to be a 42’’ Panasonic Plasma, courtesy of my family! GREAT picture, GREAT sound, and without a doubt, GREAT PRICE. I proudly display it on my basement wall, along with my 1000W Onkyo System. Let’s just say, when friends and family saw it for the first time, they were ALL impressed!

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 01 December 2005 10:13 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2005-10-03

Will there be different possible WIN IT prizes every day?

Posted: 01 December 2005 10:41 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  466
Joined  2005-09-14

-I’ve been looking to get a new phone, and my mp3 player broke recently so i’d LOVE the SonyEricsson W800 Walkman Phone, 😊.

-My greatest holiday gift EVER, was last year, my parents, and many of my cousins, aunts, uncles and so on, all pitched in and got me a $250 Chipotle Burrito gift card. I’ve been in heaven since. 😊 (for those of you who dont know chipotle restaraunts http://www.chipotle.com , BEST BURRITOS EVER!)

Posted: 01 December 2005 10:43 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1711
Joined  2005-02-03

well, i was going to go for the hotspotter, but it’s not marked :ohh:

best gift was probably about $300 last year that went torwards my trusty laptop… even though i’m selling it, it’s a great machine 😛

<<edit>>

well, it’s on the list now, consider this my entry!

Posted: 01 December 2005 11:02 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2005-10-03

1. I would like the SCOTTeVEST Rodeo. I don’t have any expensive or leather Jackets so it would really help my “social” status to win this!

2. The greatest holiday gif that I’ve ever received would probably have to be at Age 10 when I got my first and only kitten. Sadly, I had to give him up after 3 weeks. Here’s my story:

Well, I was 10 and I had just come back from Soccer practice at AYSO. I was very tired and the times were tough and it was around Christmas time. Well, when I got back home, my mom told me my dad had brought me a surprise. Personally, I don’t like surprises, so I begged to know what it was. My mom’s not a very good surprise keeper, so she told me. I was literally jumping up and down. When I heard that key in the door, I immediately rushed out to greet my dad, and my new kitten 😊. I named him Lulu, and he was greyish with light black stripes. He was about 10 weeks old I think. I immediately fell enough with him, but unfortunately, I had to give him up after 3 weeks. Well, what had happened was he wasn’t trained to go to the “bathroom” himself. And at the time, we lived in an apartment which BANNED pets, so we were sneaking him all the time. What happened was after a few days, he “went” (#2) on our carpet and made a mess everywhere. My dad had to hold him up to the sink and wash him off. Then, a week later, he jumped up on our table and knocked over a very expensive vase and ended up breaking it. My dad and mom were getting angry at him, but I convinced them to let me keep him. Then the 3rd week, our managers found out we had been keeping a pet. So they told us we had 24 hours to get rid of him, or we would be evicted. So I had to go into the car, holding him in my hands. I was literally in tears that day. I cried as the pet store worker picked him up from my hands and put him in that cruel cage. I would never be the same again. I loved Lulu…..

Posted: 01 December 2005 11:18 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  300
Joined  2005-10-01

1. SCOTTeVEST Milan rodeo technology enabled jacket!!!!!  It looks tight.
2.  The best gift was the N64 when it first came out.  I wanted it so badly because the graphics were amazing.  My aunt bought me it.

Posted: 01 December 2005 11:31 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2005-09-14

uh i know i posted early but, when can we expect to see the prizes winable? possible date?

Posted: 01 December 2005 11:35 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2005-10-03
PoopsicleBoy - 02 December 2005 03:31 AM

uh i know i posted early but, when can we expect to see the prizes winable? possible date?

Yeah, I’d like to know too. But obviously it must be before Christmas, right?

Posted: 02 December 2005 02:34 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2004-12-22

Prize winners will be announced before Christmas - still don’t have a firm date because we are still getting items in for the giveaway.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 02 December 2005 11:23 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2005-09-14

is it alright if we posted early? and are there gonna be any different prizes than those shown, or will they be the same as now.

Posted: 03 December 2005 12:11 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2005-09-02

You said that you’d be looking for help from viewers about giving ideas on what should be on the holiday buying guide.  So how can I help?  I think there could be some great additions to this list 😊

Posted: 03 December 2005 02:21 AM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  4629
Joined  2005-02-12

I’d love to win the SonyEricsson W800 Walkman Phone.  I’d switch carriers to get this one 😊

Um the best gift I’ve ever got…  I’d have to say it was a brand new BMX bike when I was like 11.  Its not the most expensive or the most glamorous gift but it really was the best gift.  You don’t understand how much I wanted it.  I was asking for it for like 9 months and didn’t get it for my birthday in June and I was devistated.  It was red and so awesome.  I would wash it everyday in my driveway 😊  That was my best gift…

Posted: 03 December 2005 11:48 AM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  298
Joined  2005-01-21

1.  SCOTTeVEST Rodeo
2. My best gift was probably my iBook last year when my parents bought it for me!  I loved it and started buying more products by apple like my ipod(4G), and a powermac!

Posted: 03 December 2005 03:45 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  148
Joined  2005-09-22

I would love to win this: iVod DJ
My best christmas was just last year when my parents bought me a dirtbike (yes i do other things besides freesites lol) i had been wanting one for almost four years but they just kept saying they are to dangerous! and then i went to my friends house and he had one and we rode it in the snow for 2 hours and i had so much fun that when i came home i wouldn’t stop bugging my mom and dad about it! so finally the gave in and bought me one for christmas! that was my best christmas ever.

Posted: 03 December 2005 09:40 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2005-10-31

don’t know what gift yet, but my favorite gift was a fitted dallas cowboys cap I recieved right before they won the superbowl in pasadena….  I wore that hat almost everyday for the next couple years… I still have it somewhere, but don’t wear it, because I’d probably get laughed at as woreout as it is.

SleepTracker Watch

Posted: 04 December 2005 03:57 AM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  703
Joined  2005-11-04

I guess you guys fail to realize only the jacket & UMD cleaner have *WIN IT* under it.  🙄

Anyways…i’d like the UMD cleaner. I just got a PSP and i’d like to keep my games clean…even though they really don’t get dirty.

Uhh…last year I got 2 techincs 1210mk2’s (one I bought myself)

I wanted them for DJing really bad. Because they’re the best of the best

Posted: 04 December 2005 12:53 PM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2005-09-14

Ken_Allen im sure everyone can see that the jacket & umd cleaner are up for winning, but not everyone needs or wants the jacket & umd cleaner, we are looking to win something that we want / need. sorry but i really hate you so much.

Posted: 04 December 2005 04:27 PM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  314
Joined  2005-09-10

I like to have a Nokia N91

The best gift I ever have is probably my car that I got this year.

Posted: 04 December 2005 09:57 PM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2005-09-14

re-read please. it said something on the list, not anything that you want. jerk.

Posted: 05 December 2005 02:46 AM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2005-11-04
PoopsicleBoy - 04 December 2005 04:53 PM

Ken_Allen im sure everyone can see that the jacket & umd cleaner are up for winning, but not everyone needs or wants the jacket & umd cleaner, we are looking to win something that we want / need. sorry but i really hate you so much.

Andru Edwards - 01 December 2005 11:07 PM

. Aside from that, there will be many items marked WIN IT! - this means that the item is up for grabs! If you see an item that is marked WIN IT! that you want to try and win, come back to this thread and post:

I’m going to puke blood. Who are you.

You’re a f*cking retard. IT SAYS RIGHT THERE ONLY ITEMS ON THE LIST WITH WIN IT UNDER IT CAN BE WON DUMBSH*T! AND ONLY THE UMD CLEANER AND JACKET CAN BE WON.

You think you’re the smartest sob on here. Sorry, but you’ve just proved yourself a annoying retard.

Posted: 05 December 2005 06:59 PM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2005-09-14

well, when our prizes are up for winning our posts are already here. go cut. no one here likes you.

Posted: 05 December 2005 07:15 PM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2004-12-22

Real quick - if I see any more flaming, the culprits will simply be disqualified from the drawing.

Again, the only gifts up for grabs are the one’s marked “WIN IT!” That means that anyone trying to win the Walkman Phone are not going to win anything. As of this moment, we have the SCOTTeVEST Rodeo ($199), SLEEPTRACKER Watch ($149), and UMD Cleaner ($20). Of course, we will be adding more gifts constantly.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:

Posted: 05 December 2005 07:20 PM   [ # 22 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2005-11-04
Andru Edwards - 05 December 2005 11:15 PM

Real quick - if I see any more flaming, the culprits will simply be disqualified from the drawing.

Again, the only gifts up for grabs are the one’s marked “WIN IT!” That means that anyone trying to win the Walkman Phone are not going to win anything. As of this moment, we have the SCOTTeVEST Rodeo ($199), SLEEPTRACKER Watch ($149), and UMD Cleaner ($20). Of course, we will be adding more gifts constantly.

Thank you. PoopsicleBoy or whatever the hell ur name is.

You’ve been owned by Ken Allen.

And Andru was there to proove me correct.

Posted: 05 December 2005 08:22 PM   [ # 23 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2005-09-14

no more flaming… 😉

Posted: 05 December 2005 08:32 PM   [ # 24 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2005-09-03

Andru

Since we can only enter once will there ever be a deadline posted or someway we would know when all of the gifts are on that page since you are constantly adding new items?

Posted: 05 December 2005 09:07 PM   [ # 25 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2004-12-22

kmg, you can enter, and edit your post as you see fit to change the item you want. The giveaway will take place well after items are no longer being added though, so it won’t be hard to tell.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 5