Writing an article on free gift sites - need YOUR input!
Posted: 18 September 2005 04:47 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2005-09-18

Companies such as Gratis and OfferCentric (especially Gratis) are able to negotiate a much higher commission rate for their offers since they generate large volume.  That is why they can make a lot of profit from requiring just 1 offer and a few referrals.  Other sites that do the same usually require more referrals, or require higher-paying offers because they cannot generate the amount of volume that Gratis is capable of, and therefore do not receive as much pay.

Doing 3-10 offers by yourself means that the owner of the site will receive a guaranteed amount of money.

From my past experience, I think referrals are extremely difficult to accumulate sometimes; personally, if I were to do another free gift site, I would say I would much rather prefer doing a 3-10 offer site unless the referral amount is manageable.

Brian

Posted: 18 September 2005 07:15 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  625
Joined  2005-09-01

You could also throw in the ipodraffles.com model where users only complete 1 offer, don’t refer friends, and then get a chance at getting a free ipod.

Posted: 18 September 2005 07:56 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2005-09-18

Based on my research, my understanding is that Gratis actually loses money each time they have to send out a free gift. Their entire business model, from my research and various conversations with people in the industry, is based on the fact that for whatever reason most people don’t get enough qualified referrals to earn the free gift. It’s similar to these other sites with “offers of doom”, but Gratis does allow people to earn the free gifts if they are able to get enough referrals. Whereas som eof these other sites with the “offers of doom”, they make it almost impossible for anyone to get anything, unless the person is willing to spend at least as much as it would have cost them to just buy the gift they wanted in the first place…

Posted: 18 September 2005 08:56 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  2880
Joined  2005-05-03
InstantProfitz - 18 September 2005 06:44 PM

Companies such as Gratis and OfferCentric (especially Gratis) are able to negotiate a much higher commission rate for their offers since they generate large volume.  That is why they can make a lot of profit from requiring just 1 offer and a few referrals.  Other sites that do the same usually require more referrals, or require higher-paying offers because they cannot generate the amount of volume that Gratis is capable of, and therefore do not receive as much pay.

Doing 3-10 offers by yourself means that the owner of the site will receive a guaranteed amount of money.

From my past experience, I think referrals are extremely difficult to accumulate sometimes; personally, if I were to do another free gift site, I would say I would much rather prefer doing a 3-10 offer site unless the referral amount is manageable.

Brian

That is absolutely false….

Gratis gets paid the same commission as regular sites do, but gratis gets a lot of people on hold, actually searches out for better paying companies, and has more activity, thousands on unique new visitors a day.

Posted: 18 September 2005 09:28 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2005-09-16
IsMaR - 18 September 2005 08:56 PM
InstantProfitz - 18 September 2005 06:44 PM

Brian

That is absolutely false….

Gratis gets paid the same commission as regular sites do, but gratis gets a lot of people on hold, actually searches out for better paying companies, and has more activity, thousands on unique new visitors a day.

I disagree (referring to your absolutely false comment), however everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Posted: 18 September 2005 09:31 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  477
Joined  2005-09-16

Wow IsMar once again your wrong, they get paid A LOT more than what you get per offer. They wouldn’t be able to make a profit of 5,000,000 dollars in the year 2004 while getting only 30-40 dollars per offer, they get paid about 60-80 dollars per person. If you haven’t read any articles about Gratis (FreePay) and you have been in a the freebie world for a long time your just stupid..

Thanks,
Hassan

Posted: 19 September 2005 05:05 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2005-09-16

I agree that FreePay is able to negotiate with affiliate companies to get higher commissions. Even NoCostGifts.com (which was actually one of the first point-based sites; they launched in Jan 2004), which is still a lot smaller than the FreePay network has confirmed that they do receive better commissions (the site owner wrote an eBook an running a point-based freebie site).

- Lupi

Posted: 19 September 2005 05:08 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2005-09-16

Same here Lupi smile  It’s all business and entrepreneurial skills!

Posted: 19 September 2005 11:52 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2005-09-18

the site owner wrote an eBook an running a point-based freebie site

I would love to read this as part of my research - do you know where I can get it?

Thanks everyone for your responses. Keep ‘em coming!

Posted: 20 September 2005 04:02 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2005-09-18

Anyone else have any input or comments on this thread? I would REALLY appreciate it!