Titan TV
Posted: 14 January 2005 10:56 AM     [ Ignore ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  2742
Joined  2004-09-29

Has anyone tried it out.

http://www.titantv.com

It looks like the free version of SageTV and BeyondTV, but without the pretty looks.

What do you guys think?

I’m also thinking of getting the Avermedia Media Center PCI 500 card.

Good buy?

edit: Also there’s another website I found:

http://mediaportal.sourceforge.net/index.html

That one is a free version of what looks like Windows Media Center.

👏  for free software.  😊

Posted: 15 January 2005 05:43 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-09-29

Well I just bought the Win-TV PVR-250MCE plus SageTV. Bundled for only $139
Link Here!

I gave in to what’s proven to work.

Posted: 15 January 2005 07:46 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  715
Joined  2005-01-03

Titan TV is just TV listings, with a feature that allows you to click a button to add a record date to your PVR software.  I tried setting something up like this, I even got an IR Blaster so that I could use my DirecTV and have the comp change the channel.

I used BeyondTV, but the software was slow and clunky, the video quality wasn’t very good (and this is with a card that got a lat of praise for quality Compro Videomate TV Gold+), and it just didn’t work very well. :(

DirecTV is here installing 2 Tivo’s right now. $50 each, it’s much cheaper then using my comp.

Posted: 15 January 2005 09:03 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-09-29

[quote author=“Bootes”]Titan TV is just TV listings, with a feature that allows you to click a button to add a record date to your PVR software.  I tried setting something up like this, I even got an IR Blaster so that I could use my DirecTV and have the comp change the channel.

I used BeyondTV, but the software was slow and clunky, the video quality wasn’t very good (and this is with a card that got a lat of praise for quality Compro Videomate TV Gold+), and it just didn’t work very well. :(

DirecTV is here installing 2 Tivo’s right now. $50 each, it’s much cheaper then using my comp.

Thanks for the info. I’ll let you know how SageTV works out for me using my setup. Tighr claims that it works great. Plus I don’t have to pay a month to month fee.  😉

Posted: 15 January 2005 10:30 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  2060
Joined  2004-12-22

SageTV rox my sox.

Posted: 16 January 2005 07:08 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-09-29

[quote author=“EricGearLive”]SageTV rox my sox.

I hope I enjoy it as much as you.