< 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3
Chinese Food
Posted: 12 January 2005 09:28 AM   [ # 26 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Know It All
Total Posts:  6460
Joined  2004-12-22

[quote author=“chicken_smugler”][quote author=“Andreux”]If I ever eat Chinese food, my Vietnamese best friend will scold me saying, “YOU WANT TO EAT THE FOOD OF THE PEOPLE THAT RAPED AND PILLAGED MY PEOPLE!!”

:| So I don’t get much Chinese food here.

😊 Get lots of Vietnamese food though, including spring rolls and PHO and such.

Ahh yes.. Pho’  (cant find the accented o) is my favorite food.  I eat it like every day.  So good…

DUDE, I just saw you were from Houston….... maybe you know my friend, haha

Houston always has the best Asian food. But anywhore, awesome—more Texan pride!! 8)

Posted: 13 January 2005 05:22 AM   [ # 27 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3261
Joined  2004-11-09
[quote author=“EricGearLive”]You mean the french fries and ketchup they serve at the Panda Wok down the street aren’t Chinese???  😢

awww man!  here i thought i was being cultural!  😛

Posted: 13 January 2005 06:23 AM   [ # 28 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Know It All
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“drummergirl81”][quote author=“EricGearLive”]You mean the french fries and ketchup they serve at the Panda Wok down the street aren’t Chinese???  😢

Everytime my ex and I would pass a Panda Express, he always made it a point to mention that it was fake Asian food :| After a while, I was just like, “Okay, we get it,” LOL

Posted: 13 January 2005 07:31 AM   [ # 29 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3690
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“Andreux”][quote author=“drummergirl81”][quote author=“EricGearLive”]You mean the french fries and ketchup they serve at the Panda Wok down the street aren’t Chinese???  😢

Everytime my ex and I would pass a Panda Express, he always made it a point to mention that it was fake Asian food :| After a while, I was just like, “Okay, we get it,” LOL

ya, i do the same, i usually just flick the panda off. asians cant help it, we just despise the imitations. the panda is pretty amusing though, which is the only thing holding me back from going in there and pissing on all the food.

Posted: 14 January 2005 10:03 AM   [ # 30 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3333
Joined  2004-08-16

Panda Express is the typical mall “Chinese” food place… I see it in all malls. Never had it nor do I want to. When I walk by I look and I get kinda sick. I choose to only put good food in me not Panda Express.

Posted: 22 January 2005 07:40 AM   [ # 31 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-11-09

i actually like the veggies from PE.  I think theres tofu in there too…..either that or they cut up a sponge and accidentally put it in. :o   lol! 

i think the chix with mushrooms and zuchinni is good too…....but i LOVE the sweet and sour pork from the restaurant by my house!  :love:  :love:

Posted: 22 January 2005 08:16 AM   [ # 32 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-12-22

i def think its a sponge they put in. its def not tofu.

Posted: 22 January 2005 08:31 AM   [ # 33 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1428
Joined  2005-09-14
[quote author=“hmbldtgrl”]Panda Express is the typical mall “Chinese” food place… I see it in all malls. Never had it nor do I want to. When I walk by I look and I get kinda sick. I choose to only put good food in me not Panda Express.

Well you don’t know what your missing then. PE is my favorite chinese joint.

Posted: 22 January 2005 08:42 AM   [ # 34 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“CougarKid”][quote author=“hmbldtgrl”]Panda Express is the typical mall “Chinese” food place… I see it in all malls. Never had it nor do I want to. When I walk by I look and I get kinda sick. I choose to only put good food in me not Panda Express.

hmbldtgrl isnt missing much,lol. the only thing she’s missing is the unhealthy amount of msg.

Posted: 22 January 2005 09:36 AM   [ # 35 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
Board Apprentice
Joined  2005-09-14
[quote author=“antman22”][quote author=“CougarKid”][quote author=“hmbldtgrl”]Panda Express is the typical mall “Chinese” food place… I see it in all malls. Never had it nor do I want to. When I walk by I look and I get kinda sick. I choose to only put good food in me not Panda Express.

hmbldtgrl isnt missing much,lol. the only thing she’s missing is the unhealthy amount of msg.

Who cares… We only live once and I’m going to eat anything that tastes good.  :D

Posted: 22 January 2005 10:02 AM   [ # 36 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-12-22

oh im all about eating as much good stuff as you can, healthy or not. PE just doesnt quite cut it for me,lol. maybe its cuz im asian, lol, i dunno.

Posted: 22 January 2005 11:58 AM   [ # 37 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-11-09

i like MSG lol!  :lol:

and your right ant, it was a sponge, i pulled out a piece and cleaned the kitchen, but i ate the rest.  :oops:

Posted: 22 January 2005 12:03 PM   [ # 38 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
Board Apprentice
Joined  2005-09-14
[quote author=“antman22”]oh im all about eating as much good stuff as you can, healthy or not. PE just doesnt quite cut it for me,lol. maybe its cuz im asian, lol, i dunno.

Maybe. But I’m Mexican and love going to Mexican joints still.

Posted: 26 April 2005 03:01 PM   [ # 39 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
Know It All
Joined  2004-12-22

:| I left for, like, five days, and there isn’t ONE new post in this board. I’m thoroughly disappointed in my fellow GLerz :| Anywhore, back on topic..

This weekend, I went to Houston and had lots of wonderful Asian food (Vietnamese, to be specific), as is always the custom when I go to Houston ‘cause I only stay with my best friend while I’m there at her parents’ house. :oops: I learned how to make beer-battered eggrolls from scratched, and I am so proud of myself, lol

Posted: 26 April 2005 07:42 PM   [ # 40 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-11-09

[quote author=“Andreux”]:| I left for, like, five days, and there isn’t ONE new post in this board. I’m thoroughly disappointed in my fellow GLerz :| Anywhore, back on topic..

This weekend, I went to Houston and had lots of wonderful Asian food (Vietnamese, to be specific), as is always the custom when I go to Houston ‘cause I only stay with my best friend while I’m there at her parents’ house. :oops: I learned how to make beer-battered eggrolls from scratched, and I am so proud of myself, lol

please post a recipe in the recipe thread Andy-roo!  :love:  BTW what kinda beer did you use?  😛

Posted: 26 April 2005 08:24 PM   [ # 41 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-12-22

beer battered egg rolls…in my 22 yrs of being vietnamese, i’ve never had that…. hrmmm…...

in other news, I should get plenty fat when I go to college station ext week.  Lots of random fatty foods!

Posted: 27 April 2005 06:37 AM   [ # 42 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  228
Joined  2005-10-09

China Garden in Southampton is so good!! 😊

Posted: 27 April 2005 12:20 PM   [ # 43 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-11-09

[quote author=“antman22”]beer battered egg rolls…in my 22 yrs of being vietnamese, i’ve never had that…. hrmmm…...

in other news, I should get plenty fat when I go to college station ext week.  Lots of random fatty foods!

what were you before?  :lol:

Posted: 27 April 2005 12:22 PM   [ # 44 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
Know It All
Joined  2004-12-22

[quote author=“DrummerGirl81”][quote author=“Andreux”]:| I left for, like, five days, and there isn’t ONE new post in this board. I’m thoroughly disappointed in my fellow GLerz :| Anywhore, back on topic..

please post a recipe in the recipe thread Andy-roo!  :love:  BTW what kinda beer did you use?  😛

Crap!! I don’t remember the red stuff. But there was shrimp, mushrooms, this vegetable called JICAMA, and rice paper. And I forgot the beer :( But I’m sure any beer would do, lol. It was fun dunking the rice paper into the bowl of beer and then licking your fingers. Hehe

8) I can roll the paper the best though

Posted: 27 April 2005 12:23 PM   [ # 45 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-11-09
[quote author=“elite89”]China Garden in Southampton is so good!! 😊

popular name!  the China Garden here in Pleasanton has AMAZING sweet and sour pork!

Posted: 27 April 2005 12:23 PM   [ # 46 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]  
Know It All
Joined  2004-12-22

[quote author=“DrummerGirl81”][quote author=“antman22”]beer battered egg rolls…in my 22 yrs of being vietnamese, i’ve never had that…. hrmmm…...

In his previous life, he was an emperor penguin. I was a broom.

Posted: 27 April 2005 12:32 PM   [ # 47 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-11-09

[quote author=“Andreux”][quote author=“DrummerGirl81”][quote author=“antman22”]beer battered egg rolls…in my 22 yrs of being vietnamese, i’ve never had that…. hrmmm…...

In his previous life, he was an emperor penguin. I was a broom.

I was a tree stump.  Im still short.  :(

Posted: 27 April 2005 12:35 PM   [ # 48 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-11-09

[quote author=“Andreux”][quote author=“DrummerGirl81”][quote author=“Andreux”]:| I left for, like, five days, and there isn’t ONE new post in this board. I’m thoroughly disappointed in my fellow GLerz :| Anywhore, back on topic..

Crap!! I don’t remember the red stuff. But there was shrimp, mushrooms, this vegetable called JICAMA, and rice paper. And I forgot the beer :( But I’m sure any beer would do, lol. It was fun dunking the rice paper into the bowl of beer and then licking your fingers. Hehe

then you fry it? or is it more like sushi?

and where did you learn how to roll young man?  :think:

Posted: 27 April 2005 12:41 PM   [ # 49 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]  
Know It All
Joined  2004-12-22

[quote author=“DrummerGirl81”][quote author=“Andreux”][quote author=“DrummerGirl81”][quote author=“Andreux”]:| I left for, like, five days, and there isn’t ONE new post in this board. I’m thoroughly disappointed in my fellow GLerz :| Anywhore, back on topic..

then you fry it? or is it more like sushi?

and where did you learn how to roll young man?  :think:

Yep. You fry it 😛

As far as rolling, I learned from da best Vietnamese female ever!! My best friend’s mom! 😛

Posted: 27 April 2005 12:47 PM   [ # 50 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-11-09

Andreux- check your PM’s!!!!!!!!  :o

< 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3
‹‹ Fuddruckers      Snicker Eaters ››