I, Robot = View Worthy! *SPOILERS*
Posted: 03 January 2005 03:47 AM     [ Ignore ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3532
Joined  2004-07-18

I guess will smith was alright, but he does better in comedies.  And that girl who was the scientist was horrible.

Posted: 03 January 2005 03:47 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-07-18

Pretty good film, guys!  Effects were well done, with a few cool surprises.  I have a couple questions on the plot but…still a very good film.  Go rent it!

Posted: 03 January 2005 06:22 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  426
Joined  2004-10-15

it was a horrible movie

Posted: 03 January 2005 06:45 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1494
Joined  2004-12-28

I saw it in theatre and rented it this weekend 😊 Good movie. Whats ur question Hector?

Posted: 03 January 2005 07:53 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  2060
Joined  2004-12-22

I saw it in the theaters, too. I thought it was very inventive, the ending took me by surprise but after a while it made sense. It wasn’t the best movie I’d ever seen, nor was it the best of 2004, but it was still entertaining.

Posted: 03 January 2005 08:08 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-07-18
[quote author=“sebring”]I saw it in theatre and rented it this weekend 😊 Good movie. Whats ur question Hector?

[Spoiler Alert!]

[SPOILERS, Can’t You READ?]

[Alright, then….suit yourself.  LAST WARNING!!]

1) It just seemed a little too complicated a plot to understand exactly how the scientist (dang, forgot his name, sorry) rigged Sonny to save everyone.  And no one had any record of this, and just thought he was malfunctioning…  :|

2) Why did Sonny deny that he killed the Scientist (at the interrogation scene)?  He basically lied.  At the end we find out he didn’t say so because he “sweared not to tell anyone”.  Lame. 

3) How can the scientist be so locked up in a company that he couldn’t tell everyone the danger and had to rely on a suicide attempt?  Sounds pretty drsatic to me.

4) Speaking of which, was it really plausible that Spooner would unravel the plot?  C’mon, they could’ve sent anyone to investigate.  That was quite a longshot.

5) What was Sonny supposed to do with all those robots at the end?

6) You mean to tell me that no one saw how Spooner was sabotaged in the tunnel by the USR trucks?  You would think surveillance cameras would be installed everywhere in the future.  No one believed him.

7) Spooner hates robots because one saved his life instead of the little girl’s?  Gimme a break, and be grateful.

Well, you asked.  #-O   Altogether these questions on the plot kept it from being great, for me.

Posted: 03 January 2005 08:19 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  715
Joined  2005-01-03

Well I havn’t seen the video since opening weekend in theaters, I didn’t think it was amazing, but it was pretty good.  I tried to answer all your questions. 😊

[quote author=“HectorGearLive”]
1) It just seemed a little too complicated a plot to understand exactly how the scientist (dang, forgot his name, sorry) rigged Sonny to save everyone.  And no one had any record of this, and just thought he was malfunctioning…  :|

He had a new brain or something, he was able to have feelings, and so he chose to save them.
2) Why did Sonny deny that he killed the Scientist (at the interrogation scene)?  He basically lied.  At the end we find out he didn’t say so because he “sweared not to tell anyone”.  Lame.

3) How can the scientist be so locked up in a company that he couldn’t tell everyone the danger and had to rely on a suicide attempt?  Sounds pretty drsatic to me.

The main computer, which was the “bad guy” had complete control over the building, and his house and everything.  The computer could lock doors, watch him, ect/
4) Speaking of which, was it really plausible that Spooner would unravel the plot?  C’mon, they could’ve sent anyone to investigate.  That was quite a longshot.

He went because the scientist had set his little hologram thing to call spooner, and tell him to come.

6) You mean to tell me that no one saw how Spooner was sabotaged in the tunnel by the USR trucks?  You would think surveillance cameras would be installed everywhere in the future.  No one believed him.

USR computers had a monoply, they controlled all the robots, which controlled everthing else.  The main computer would have been able to erase any video, or change it.  Just like it did with the video from right before the scientist killed himself.
7) Spooner hates robots because one saved his life instead of the little girl’s?  Gimme a break, and be grateful.

Posted: 03 January 2005 08:53 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1649
Joined  2004-09-14

To answer some questions boot didnt.

The scientist put anohter one of those weird balls inside his chest and hence he had feelings. No one had records because the scientist knew that if someone found out they would think he is crazy and talked about it alot and then the security machine would of found out and killed the doctor before he could have finished

No one knows why he decided to tell the robot to kill him, but as you may recall the doctor made Sunny promise that he would do whatever that favor was for him. I guess this is more of an opinion. But it would of ruined the plot if he told that he killed the doctor. He would have been put to death and the whole city would of been destroyed.

Answered by boots.

Answered by boots

I think at some point sunny said that dark shadow of a man was supposed to free all the Robots.

Answered by boots.

Opinion. But you mean to tell me that you wouldnt want a little girl who has yet to experience life fully to live instead of you a grown man that just has one certain goal left, death?

Posted: 03 January 2005 09:17 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-10-15

Read the book by Isaic Asimov, it’s a lot better.  The movie was horrible.  Just because it has an interesting plot doesn’t mean it’s good.  How can so many people like it?

Posted: 03 January 2005 09:54 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Board Apprentice
Joined  2004-09-14

I liked it but to your comment. Isnt the plot what makes the movie good aside from the effects?
I heard the movie was nothing like the book but that doesnt take away the fact that I, Robot was a good movie.

Posted: 03 January 2005 10:57 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  2401
Joined  2004-12-30

I thought I, Robot was a good movie. Although it wasn’t completely original. The movie was overall good.

Posted: 03 January 2005 11:48 AM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3690
Joined  2004-12-22

The book is totally different from the movie. The movie just takes Asimovs ideas and principles from each of the 6 short stories and applies it to what you saw in the theater. So ya, you can’t say “Just read the book”, its totally different. There are no vintage 2004 chuck taylors in the text ,lol.

I found the movie entertaining. Not amazing, but entertaining nonetheless. The special effects were well done, I was impressed with the cgi metal used on the robots. Bridget Moynahan is pretty easy on the eyes also 😊 

Yes, the storyline/plot of this movie is a lil unoriginal, but you have to remember, the concepts presented by Asimov about AI and robotics were wayyyy before most of our lifetimes. We have a much better grasp of AI and its capabilities now, since our technology is much more evolved than during Asimovs time. For him to think of any of the ideas he had is pretty impressive.

Posted: 03 January 2005 11:48 AM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-10-15

[quote author=“ridv3490”]I liked it but to your comment. Isnt the plot what makes the movie good aside from the effects?
I heard the movie was nothing like the book but that doesnt take away the fact that I, Robot was a good movie.

many things make a good movie, number one is the actors, which were bad in this film.

Posted: 03 January 2005 01:45 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Board Apprentice
Joined  2004-09-14

I thought Will Smith was decent.

Posted: 03 January 2005 03:07 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2005-01-03

I though the acting was ok.  What had horrible acting was Day After Tomarow.

Posted: 04 January 2005 11:32 AM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Board Apprentice
Joined  2004-09-14

[quote author=“Bootes”]I though the acting was ok.  What had horrible acting was Day After Tomarow.

A little, but the plot was great.

Posted: 04 January 2005 11:50 AM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-10-15
[quote author=“ridv3490”][quote author=“Bootes”]I though the acting was ok.  What had horrible acting was Day After Tomarow. A little, but the plot was great.

I dont think it was the plot that was great.  It was the IDEA that was great.  Same with I. Robot.

Posted: 04 January 2005 11:56 AM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2005-01-03

I thought the plot was pretty bad for Day After Tomarow, I thought I, Robot had a pretty good plot though.

Posted: 04 January 2005 01:12 PM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Board Apprentice
Joined  2004-09-14

Well we all have our own opinions. 8)

Posted: 04 January 2005 01:45 PM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  4472
Joined  2004-12-22

i didnt like this movie, they couldve made it better :(

Posted: 04 January 2005 02:10 PM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2005-01-15

Overall i thought the movie was OK but not Great

Posted: 20 January 2005 12:12 PM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1011
Joined  2005-01-15

i thought it was good movie. i went to see it opening nite, and bought the DVD too, just watched the DVD again like a week or so ago

Posted: 20 January 2005 01:32 PM   [ # 22 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  799
Joined  2005-09-16

i dont care what anyone says this movie kicks ass!  i love it and i own it, one of the few movies that i actually bought…and all the question that have been asked are answered in the movie.  if u need answers to any questions, let me know

Posted: 20 January 2005 01:36 PM   [ # 23 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-10-15
[quote author=“xxxscreamattxxx”]i dont care what anyone says this movie kicks ass!  i love it and i own it, one of the few movies that i actually bought…and all the question that have been asked are answered in the movie.  if u need answers to any questions, let me know

ok, why did the movie suck?  😛

Posted: 21 January 2005 12:38 PM   [ # 24 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  180
Joined  2005-11-15

i thought it was pretty good, not an instant classic or anything, but its a good summer type action movie.

Posted: 21 January 2005 07:30 PM   [ # 25 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

haha i thought it was pretty good. Plot interested me seeing as how i never read the books. Wasnt the greatest but wasnt bad