IE Help
Posted: 02 January 2005 01:24 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1004
Joined  2005-09-17

Anyone know how to get rid of the “IE has blocked this website from installing a DirectX component on this computer” popup?  Im on XP, SP2, firewall enabled, popup blocker on. 

Using FireFox is not the answer Im looking for.  😛   Thanks.

Posted: 02 January 2005 02:41 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1103
Joined  2005-07-06

[quote author=“rhein”]Anyone know how to get rid of the “IE has blocked this website from installing a DirectX component on this computer” popup?  Im on XP, SP2, firewall enabled, popup blocker on. 

Using FireFox is not the answer Im looking for.  😛   Thanks.

you mean ActiveX. When u visit a site that uses ActiveX controls, IE will notify you with a message under the toolbar. U can click on this and choose allow. To not show this warning at all and install, run all activeX controls, you can look for the settings for this on Internet Explorer. I would not do this, as it will put ur computer in danger. ActiveX controls can take full control of your computer, and it is not safe to allow Internet explorer to run them without any confirmations. Perosnally, i would not visit a site that uses ActiveX controls, i would email the admin and request a mozilla compatible site. ActiveX controls are evil, and are one thing the world would be better off without.  😊

Posted: 02 January 2005 03:00 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1649
Joined  2004-09-14

Whatever the answer may be Get Firefox.

Posted: 02 January 2005 03:32 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3690
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“ridv3490”]Whatever the answer may be Get Firefox.

werd, haha.

Posted: 03 January 2005 02:39 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  2662
Joined  2005-01-06

Open Internet explorer—Tools>Options>security tab.

Select ‘Internet’ > Custom Options, then scroll down to activeX—choose ‘enable’ for all options pertaining to the downloading of activeX controls—this should avoid future prompts.

I personally would not do this.  If you are directed to a site that isn’t so ‘friendly’ it will also download the activex control without prompting which could result in some very undesired effects on your PC.

-m

Signature 

http://www.pacats.com

Posted: 03 January 2005 09:24 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1004
Joined  2005-09-17

I tried using firefox ... no activex popup but still couldnt finish the site I was trying to sign up for since all it did was ... NOTHING.