Half-Life 2 Sales
Posted: 10 November 2004 02:14 PM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  868
Joined  2004-09-27

How will Half-Life 2 sales compare to Xbox’s Halo, will it sell better or will to many people whore the consoles? 😛

Even though Half-Life 2 is going to completely own Halo in gameplay Halo will sell better because of the kids and their beloved Xbox’s.

Posted: 10 November 2004 03:26 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  133
Joined  2004-09-07

I know half life 2 is a much better single player, but let’s face it, there are too many halo fanboys and casual gamers who love halo. The audience stunned by halo is much larger than half life 2. I mean the freakin’ pre-orders racked up to 1.6million before the release. That’s a lot. I have heard no impressive numbers reported for halflife2 yet and don’t expect to see any. It’s ashame because its a damn fine series which has evolved really good multiplayer games. HL2 probably is going to be the best looking game on pc too, but still, it won’t attract as many gamers as halo 2 did. I thought halo2 was overrated as far as single player goes anyways, but the multiplayer is there.

Posted: 10 November 2004 03:37 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2004-09-27

I don’t even think the multiplayer is there… The controls suck and the game sucks. :mischeif:

Posted: 13 November 2004 08:16 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

Half-Life 2 by far. Probably the most aticipated game of the year.. although itll probably be pawned so i dunno.

Posted: 14 November 2004 04:56 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2004-12-22

A lot of the reasons Halo 2 will be a bigger seller is because of the system requirements for Half Life 2 being too much for the casual gamers computer as compared to an Xbox.

Hard to compare PC to console because of the outdated specs of most PCs

Posted: 14 November 2004 06:47 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

o yeah i forgot about that. Hmmm this shall be interesting.

Posted: 14 November 2004 08:53 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  620
Joined  2004-07-18

Where’s the option for neither? I need World of Warcraft like Tyrone needs rocks.

“is this the 5 o’clock free crack give-a-way?”

Posted: 15 November 2004 04:31 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-09-07

Halo 2 has good multiplayer, there’s no question there. The single player is debatable, but the multiplayer is intuitive and fun. A lot of people who don’t like it complain about stupid things like “oh my god, the smg has recoil?! WTF.” Answer: it’s called realism. Also another complaint is that hate how the pistol is gone. It was unbalanced and everyone used it, if not that then the sniper rifle. It’s more balanced this way and gives newer people an advantage ot beating those “halo veterans.” HL2 only has cs source and dod online, which is pretty disappointing. I don’t see why they couldn’t just put the hl2 engine by itself, add some maps, and put that online. I guess they were already pissed by having to rewrite the code. Anyways, halo 2 preorders have toppled hl2 preorders. Hl2 hasn’t even reported over 1 million preorders. Halo 2 had 1.6 million before the game was even out. While I like hl2 better, its sales aren’t holding up as well as I would like.

Posted: 15 November 2004 08:10 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  715
Joined  2005-01-03

Uhm you’re talking about Halo 2.  None of it is realistic, so why should that one gun have a realistic thing about it.  And I think Halo sucks, because there is nothing new that hasn’t been in some other game before, not even better graphics than most games.

Posted: 15 November 2004 09:05 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3532
Joined  2004-07-18

Halo2, because there’s nothing else on XBox.  PC has tons of other things.

Posted: 15 November 2004 09:13 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2004-09-27
[quote author=“HectorGearLive”]Halo2, because there’s nothing else on XBox.  PC has tons of other things.

Yeah, thats true, didn’t think about that.

Posted: 15 November 2004 05:23 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-09-07
[quote author=“Bootes”]Uhm you’re talking about Halo 2.  None of it is realistic, so why should that one gun have a realistic thing about it.  And I think Halo sucks, because there is nothing new that hasn’t been in some other game before, not even better graphics than most games.

Actually, you should learn a thing or two about video games man. Newsflash…. they did their research so the gun sounds and shots would be more realistic. And why should guns have a realistic feel? It’s called immersion. Game designers try to develop immense and creative worlds to help draw you in to the game. Creating realistic guns just adds to the feel and mood of the game. It’s a design thing. So you think nothing in the game is realistic? Wow, then you obviously have not paid attention to the game or do not have the proper equipment. 5.1 speakers carry great audio and transmit sound correctly according to data from the game. There are tons and tons of audio clips for every simple thing you do and varients for each. Also, the lighting and textures of the game are designed to look more realistic. It’s not real per-say, but it’s good enough. They designed the world to draw you in and I think they did a pretty good job, despite how it cuts you off at the end. If you don’t believe me as far as the research for the weapons is concerned, why don’t you check some content on the web, or even the pretty little limited edition dvd. And as for the graphics; it’s an xbox, not a high-end gaming machine. Halo is good because it’s a first person shooter on a console that ended up being decent and is fun multiplayer wise with a buncha friends. I hate people who say games “Suck” because of stupid things, on a side note.

Posted: 15 November 2004 05:36 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2004-12-22

I agree a lot with what jtr4678 said but i also agree with Bootes when he/she mentions that this game isnt a revolution in gaming.  It might do something on a console that was only previously done on a PC but should a game be applauded for what something like Unreal Tournament has been doing for years with (my preference) a keyboard and mouse?

I can count the amount of first person shooters on a console i’ve enjoyed on both of my hands.  I despise using a controller to navigate in a first person world when a keyboard and mouse are designed perfectly to accomodate a first person shooter environment.

Ah well, I also don’t really enjoy online games so I guess in most of my opinions I am in the minority…

...I can accept that.

Posted: 15 November 2004 05:42 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-09-07

Had to edit my posts a couple times to put a cohesive argument in. Halo 2 is not by any means groundbreaking in formula. But then again, once you come up with a genre like a first person shooter, it’s hard to really make something revolutionary. It’s in the genre: there’s a problem, you are the solution, shoot stuff to get to that solution. If the problem isn’t solve, shoot some more. I mean, add some story to that and that’s almost all of what a FPS is. Half-life 2 managed to pull in some puzzles in that mix, but most of the game play is shooting stuff. First person shooters are fun because you get to kill stuff that is intelligent, hopefully. Also, a good aim is as I said before, the environment and how the game draws you in. There’s a lot of effort put in the FPS’s now that most people don’t even think about…especially with the halo 2 engine. Halflife2’s engine is far superior, especially with the physics engine… but don’t you dare tell me halo 2 did not try to be realistic AT ALL.

Posted: 20 November 2004 03:38 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  4472
Joined  2004-12-22

im getting halo 2 from trialclix :D

Not bad, its only 650 points

Help ! http://www.trialclix.com/index.asp?refID=52319 😊

Posted: 21 November 2004 03:41 AM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  128
Joined  2004-08-02

hmm i think half-life2 is gonna outsale halo… but who really cares what outsales what? im getting my copy of hl2 on monday or tuesday =)

Posted: 23 November 2004 08:48 AM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  2201
Joined  2005-09-12

Half-Life 2

/thread :D