What’s taking so long?
Posted: 20 October 2004 06:21 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3532
Joined  2004-07-18

I’ve been playing Live ‘05 and I asked myself, “Why did it take so long to get the All-Star competition in a basketball videogame?”  I also look at other “improvements” they make to sports games and think: “Wait, you mean to say that’s not in the previous editions?!” 

You guys know what I’m talking about right?  No?  Okay, here are some Madden ‘05 “improvements” from a game review:

the corners jump routes, swat balls down, and make more interceptions than in the past. You’ll see safeties running over to help double team the streak, and even linebackers jumping up to deflect passes thrown over the middle of the field. Far too often in the past, and even in ESPN this year, you’ll throw a spiral over the middle and watch the linebacker just stand there as it whizzes by his helmet.

This year, though, you’re also given the new wrinkle of being able to change your formation at the line ala the Giants or Bucs, moving players all over the field.

Also added to the game is the ability to change player positions. Ever wonder how Ray Lewis would look in the backfield blocking for Jamal Lewis? Well, here’s your chance.

Playing against the Chiefs and playing against the Cowboys are two entirely different experiences and you actually have to prepare for them differently if you hope to win, especially on All-Madden

WTF!!!?

Still missing!?:

Madden needs to incorporate more of the TV style presentation, especially the in-game highlights and postgame interviews if it wants to keep pace and provide fans what they now expect from their football games

‹‹ Diablo 2      Burnout Revenge Review ››