War of the worlds!
Posted: 07 February 2005 01:49 PM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  228
Joined  2005-10-09

gobulls404 trying to chew me out, take two.

ya, i wasn’t referring to the original story. i was referring to this particular rendition of the story.

Posted: 07 February 2005 01:49 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  228
Joined  2005-10-09

check out the TV spot
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/waroftheworlds/
looks pretty cool but no matter how good a trailer looks the movie could still suck

Posted: 07 February 2005 02:19 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Know It All
Total Posts:  6460
Joined  2004-12-22

Ohh, I just don’t like Tom Cruise and Steven Spielberg =\ But that’s just mah humble opinion. Y’all can discuss 😛

Posted: 07 February 2005 02:28 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3690
Joined  2004-12-22

see, i think cruise and spielberg are the only things that give this movie any credit…other than that, i’d consider it stupid. im only gonna see it cuz them two give it the benefit of the doubt.

Posted: 07 February 2005 03:18 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  715
Joined  2005-01-03
[quote author=“antman22”]see, i think cruise and spielberg are the only things that give this movie any credit…other than that, i’d consider it stupid. im only gonna see it cuz them two give it the benefit of the doubt.

I agree 😊

Posted: 07 February 2005 03:28 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3532
Joined  2004-07-18

If it doesn’t have wire-fu I usually pass.  :D

Posted: 07 February 2005 03:50 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  426
Joined  2004-10-15
[quote author=“antman22”]see, i think cruise and spielberg are the only things that give this movie any credit…other than that, i’d consider it stupid. im only gonna see it cuz them two give it the benefit of the doubt.

Cruise and Speilberf are the only ones that give it credit?  What about H. G. Wells, the best Sci-fi writer ever?  Who else are you looking for to give it credit anyways?

Posted: 07 February 2005 04:00 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Know It All
Total Posts:  6460
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“gobulls404”][quote author=“antman22”]see, i think cruise and spielberg are the only things that give this movie any credit…other than that, i’d consider it stupid. im only gonna see it cuz them two give it the benefit of the doubt.

Cruise and Speilberf are the only ones that give it credit?  What about H. G. Wells, the best Sci-fi writer ever?  Who else are you looking for to give it credit anyways?

Yeah, but he can also be credited for the original, so that doesn’t help with *this* particular movie =\

Posted: 08 February 2005 10:40 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  715
Joined  2005-01-03
[quote author=“gobulls404”][quote author=“antman22”]see, i think cruise and spielberg are the only things that give this movie any credit…other than that, i’d consider it stupid. im only gonna see it cuz them two give it the benefit of the doubt.

He wrote what the movie is based off of.  He didn’t write the movie.

Posted: 08 February 2005 11:23 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-10-15

[quote author=“antman22”]gobulls404 trying to chew me out, take two.

ya, i wasn’t referring to the original story. i was referring to this particular rendition of the story.

lol what was part 1?  and you know I’m not just against you, it’s just a coincidence, I’m not even saying the movie’s gonna be good.

Posted: 08 February 2005 11:30 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3690
Joined  2004-12-22

[quote author=“gobulls404”]
lol what was part 1?  and you know I’m not just against you, it’s just a coincidence, I’m not even saying the movie’s gonna be good.

what was part 1? it was my comment at how you failed to refute my comment. hg wells can get all the credit he wants, he wrote the story, he wrote a good story. the thing is, just because someone wrote something well, it does not mean that someone(in this case spielberg)will do a good job. so i said that spielberg and cruise are the only two things for THIS particular movie that give me any benefit that this will be a good movie.

Posted: 08 February 2005 11:38 AM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-10-15

[quote author=“antman22”][quote author=“gobulls404”]

what was part 1? it was my comment at how you failed to refute my comment. hg wells can get all the credit he wants, he wrote the story, he wrote a good story. the thing is, just because someone wrote something well, it does not mean that someone(in this case spielberg)will do a good job. so i said that spielberg and cruise are the only two things for THIS particular movie that give me any benefit that this will be a good movie.

alright alright, jeez I was just pointing that out.  And I think that Cruise and Speilberg is all the credit you need, if that’s all you’re basing your prediction on.