1 2 > 
1 of 2
Ju-on
Posted: 15 September 2004 06:06 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Know It All
Total Posts:  6460
Joined  2004-12-22

My friend has this written as his AIM away message:

I’m at the Alamo Village watching Ju-on, the “scariest Japanese movie ever”, or so I’ve read.

Has anyone ever heard of this movie or seen it? I’ve recently gotten into Japanese horror, and I was just wondering if anyone else could tell me if it’s worth searching for to watch. =)

Posted: 16 September 2004 02:48 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2004-09-01

never heard of it, wouldn’t mind seeing it though

Posted: 21 September 2004 01:26 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2004-09-04

yeah i got it on dvd, very scary, its not american type where its predictable, its just scary, i want to watch it on a projector with that hdtv plug thingy that supports those higher resolutions.

Posted: 26 September 2004 08:36 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2004-12-22

Yeah I saw it too, its super creepy, The Grudge (the American remake), with Sarah Michelle Gellar is coming out soon too, It looks 10 times as scary.

Posted: 27 September 2004 05:44 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Know It All
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“BlackMamba9”]yeah i got it on dvd, very scary, its not american type where its predictable, its just scary, i want to watch it on a projector with that hdtv plug thingy that supports those higher resolutions.

See? I like the un-American type. I’m not too interested in seeing “The Grudge,” but I do want to see “Ju-on.” Does anyone know how I can get a hold of it besides buying it? CAn I rent it from somewhere? This will sound strange, but LOL is there an online rental site? I have no idea if these exist though 😛

Posted: 27 September 2004 08:14 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“Andreux”][quote author=“BlackMamba9”]yeah i got it on dvd, very scary, its not american type where its predictable, its just scary, i want to watch it on a projector with that hdtv plug thingy that supports those higher resolutions.

See? I like the un-American type. I’m not too interested in seeing “The Grudge,” but I do want to see “Ju-on.” Does anyone know how I can get a hold of it besides buying it? CAn I rent it from somewhere? This will sound strange, but LOL is there an online rental site? I have no idea if these exist though 😛

I doubt it my friend ordered it from ebay from some dude that got it in china.. But its worth a try to find somewhere…

Posted: 27 September 2004 08:46 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Know It All
Joined  2004-12-22

Well, that makes me a sad panda… :( It looks like a buy-able movie, so I might just buy it. Now, to scrounge for some quarters in the sofa…...... 😛

Posted: 27 September 2004 08:52 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-22

The only difference I see in the 2 films so far, is American actors, and better production (in The Grudge)... But suit yourself.  Oh yeah but Ju-on has really hot Japanese girls.  But I know you aren’t into that really Andreux, so I guess thats not so much of a plus.

Posted: 27 September 2004 09:02 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Know It All
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“creejoh”]The only difference I see in the 2 films so far, is American actors, and better production (in The Grudge)... But suit yourself.  Oh yeah but Ju-on has really hot Japanese girls.  But I know you aren’t into that really Andreux, so I guess thats not so much of a plus.

😛 Heh—hot girls are okay. I don’t mind hot people. I guess it’s more of a “DON’T SHOW UGLY PEOPLE!!” sorta thing though 😛

But but but but but…

I like things in their original stuffz…............ :( I dunno… What does better production give you? I don’t care much for special effects, but I do like good stories, and if Ju-on goes into that more, I would like that 😊

Posted: 27 September 2004 09:06 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“Andreux”][quote author=“creejoh”]The only difference I see in the 2 films so far, is American actors, and better production (in The Grudge)... But suit yourself.  Oh yeah but Ju-on has really hot Japanese girls.  But I know you aren’t into that really Andreux, so I guess thats not so much of a plus.

😛 Heh—hot girls are okay. I don’t mind hot people. I guess it’s more of a “DON’T SHOW UGLY PEOPLE!!” sorta thing though 😛

But but but but but…

I like things in their original stuffz…............ :( I dunno… What does better production give you? I don’t care much for special effects, but I do like good stories, and if Ju-on goes into that more, I would like that 😊

Better production=scarier.  If it looks fake, its not as scary, really.  If you can see the the beads of makeup/ how fake the cg is, its not as scary.

Posted: 27 September 2004 09:14 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Know It All
Joined  2004-12-22

If it looks fake, it’s not scary? I dunno about you, but I’ve been pretty scared of just stories that didn’t even have pictures or special effects and such 😛

Posted: 27 September 2004 09:23 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“Andreux”]If it looks fake, it’s not scary? I dunno about you, but I’ve been pretty scared of just stories that didn’t even have pictures or special effects and such 😛

Thats because they left it to your imagination, which is the most powerful tool of fright.  When you see the fakeness of something, there is nothing left to the imagination.  Thats how it goes for me anyway..

By the way I like how we are both online at the same time and using this board as an IM device 😊

Posted: 27 September 2004 09:28 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Know It All
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“creejoh”][quote author=“Andreux”]If it looks fake, it’s not scary? I dunno about you, but I’ve been pretty scared of just stories that didn’t even have pictures or special effects and such 😛

Thats because they left it to your imagination, which is the most powerful tool of fright.  When you see the fakeness of something, there is nothing left to the imagination.  Thats how it goes for me anyway..

By the way I like how we are both online at the same time and using this board as an IM device 😊

LOL Indeed. 😛

Posted: 28 September 2004 10:25 AM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2004-09-04

watch the japanese version Ju-On, The Grudge has all these special effects and all hollywood-like.  I remember when Resident Evil was scary, now its all hollywood with explosions and guns on the Nemesis, and now the movie looks stoopid imo.  Anyway, i recommend the japanese version.

Posted: 28 September 2004 10:35 AM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“BlackMamba9”]watch the japanese version Ju-On, The Grudge has all these special effects and all hollywood-like.  I remember when Resident Evil was scary, now its all hollywood with explosions and guns on the Nemesis, and now the movie looks stoopid imo.  Anyway, i recommend the japanese version.

Yeah I cant recommend until I actually see The Grudge.

Posted: 28 September 2004 10:43 AM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Know It All
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“BlackMamba9”]watch the japanese version Ju-On, The Grudge has all these special effects and all hollywood-like.  I remember when Resident Evil was scary, now its all hollywood with explosions and guns on the Nemesis, and now the movie looks stoopid imo.  Anyway, i recommend the japanese version.

:( See, this is why I dun wanna see “The Grudge.” And I thought the exact same thing about Resident Evil too!!!!! I mean, it’s not entirely stupid, but it did look way too Hollywood-ized. :(

Posted: 28 September 2004 12:42 PM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“Andreux”][quote author=“BlackMamba9”]watch the japanese version Ju-On, The Grudge has all these special effects and all hollywood-like.  I remember when Resident Evil was scary, now its all hollywood with explosions and guns on the Nemesis, and now the movie looks stoopid imo.  Anyway, i recommend the japanese version.

:( See, this is why I dun wanna see “The Grudge.” And I thought the exact same thing about Resident Evil too!!!!! I mean, it’s not entirely stupid, but it did look way too Hollywood-ized. :(

Thats true… BUT, in The Grudge’s defense, I think its going to be the same shots and the same effects, and more polished, but not too polished.

Posted: 28 September 2004 12:50 PM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Know It All
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“creejoh”]Thats true… BUT, in The Grudge’s defense, I think its going to be the same shots and the same effects, and more polished, but not too polished.

FINE, Mr. Creejoh, gawd, I will go on a date with you to see “The Grudge,” but only if you buy me popcorn :roll: LOL, jk 😛

Posted: 28 September 2004 01:57 PM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“Andreux”][quote author=“creejoh”]Thats true… BUT, in The Grudge’s defense, I think its going to be the same shots and the same effects, and more polished, but not too polished.

FINE, Mr. Creejoh, gawd, I will go on a date with you to see “The Grudge,” but only if you buy me popcorn :roll: LOL, jk 😛

Yessssss :D

Posted: 08 October 2004 11:20 PM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  620
Joined  2004-07-18

I just watched this movie and I can’t sleep…ever again. Movies that are intentionally scary don’t usually scare me. I thought “The Ring” was a joke.  This movie though, I had to turn the lights on because I couldn’t take it anymore. I didn’t really get the ending…maybe someone could explain that. I was scared none-the-less.  :o

Posted: 08 October 2004 11:27 PM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-22

Yeah I dont understand the end either.

uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuuhuhuh

Meeeeeooooowwwww

Posted: 18 October 2004 08:54 PM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2004-12-22

i havent seen it yet but i have it…i’‘m probably going to sit down with my girlfriend this week and check it out before we go and see the american remake this weekend…anyways i’ve heard great things about it so hopefully i wont be to let down like i was with the eye…the eye wasnt as scary as people made it out to be…if you want to check out some more asian horror movies check out versus, dark water, the ringu trilogy, the eye (i think i had to high of hopes for it), and battle royale(not really horror but a great movie)...

Posted: 18 October 2004 11:51 PM   [ # 22 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1011
Joined  2005-01-15

Anyone goin to see it this weekend? @ 1st when i saw previews of it i wasnt feelin it too much. but now i really wana see it. and i see its a japanese remake. i think thats the new trend now. The Ring was a remake, and The Grudge is too.

trailers…
http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/ju-on.html <-japanese version

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/the_grudge/ <-U.S. version

Posted: 19 October 2004 06:11 PM   [ # 23 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

i think the japanese version would be scarier. I dunno why just my guess haha.

Posted: 20 October 2004 07:13 AM   [ # 24 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2004-10-11

so is Ju-on one of those movies where its gonna be in your head for the next couple of months while your sleeping?

Posted: 20 October 2004 07:16 AM   [ # 25 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-22

No, not when you are sleeping, but when you are alone.  It did for me, and when cats meow its creepy now.

1 2 > 
1 of 2