Paper Mario 2
Posted: 14 September 2004 06:45 AM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2004-07-30

a.)  I admit to being a Nintendo Fanboy
b.)  I am proud to be a Super Mario Bro.s Fanboy
c.)  I do not own Paper Mario 1

With that being said, I liked Paper Mario 1, but never got around to purchasing it, only played demo’s.

This weekend I had the oppurtunity to play a demo of Paper Mario 2 for GC.  It blew me away.  Graphics are great, and I love the play mechanics.  I’ll deffinately being getting this (hopefully through freevideogames.com) when it comes out.

I highly recommend you all check it out.

Posted: 14 September 2004 08:17 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3532
Joined  2004-07-18

No doubt.  I like how they have creatove ways of representing objects with that origami (sp?) look.

Posted: 14 September 2004 08:34 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2004-07-30

I personally like the battle system, it’s simple and effective….but for some odd reason it reminds me of playing Dragon Warrior.

My only concern is that it could get VERY repetitive with enemies as commonly placed as the rest of the Super Mario games.  Unfortunately I didn’t have time to stick around and play the demo for any appreciable length of time.

My one complaint with the graphics:  I wish the actual characters had depth, the whole piece of paper flipping when Mario changes directions is just cheezy.  The game looks like highschool play/movie props set up.  Would have been neat if they let Mario be a 3d character running around in the props.  But that’s a minor complaint.

Posted: 14 September 2004 11:26 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2004-08-26

[quote author=“cmstar”]I personally like the battle system, it’s simple and effective….but for some odd reason it reminds me of playing Dragon Warrior.

My only concern is that it could get VERY repetitive with enemies as commonly placed as the rest of the Super Mario games.  Unfortunately I didn’t have time to stick around and play the demo for any appreciable length of time.

My one complaint with the graphics:  I wish the actual characters had depth, the whole piece of paper flipping when Mario changes directions is just cheezy.  The game looks like highschool play/movie props set up.  Would have been neat if they let Mario be a 3d character running around in the props.  But that’s a minor complaint.

The 2D “paper” look is the entire point of the game. It allows gameplay to be very inventive at times… But hey, eveyone has their likes and dislikes.

Posted: 23 July 2010 04:30 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-07-23

I love this game, and I finally beat the demon :o

have u played it? did you beat the pit of 100 trials?

Posted: 25 July 2010 10:33 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2009-08-31

concern is that it could get VERY repetitive with enemies,I wish the actual characters had depth, the whole piece of paper flipping when Mario changes directions is just cheezy.

Posted: 17 August 2010 05:54 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-08-17

I loved Paper Mario: The Gate of thousand years. I thought it was a fantastic place, especially the predecessor t sincei was both a great game in itself. Nintendo did not result as the original, they have exceeded this title. This game is definitely one of my most favourite.

Posted: 10 September 2010 04:03 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-09-10

Paper Mario The Gate of thousand years is an RPG that defines the search for Mario Crystal Stars 7. He needs those who can thwart Grodus and his gang of villains. These strange creatures have been taken hostage Princess Peach Moon and the stars looking glass.

Posted: 28 September 2010 03:29 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2010-09-25

This game is so entertaining and amazing game.I like these graphics which are used to create this game.

Posted: 02 October 2010 12:18 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-10-01

I really liked this game but something went wrong and I couldn’t finish it. Which was a shame because I really enjoyed it.Paper Mario has some hard points, but with the exception of the puzzles it isn’t a very challenging game.

Posted: 10 December 2010 10:34 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2010-12-10

Lateral displacement, Goomba, trampling, adventure RPG. Paper Mario is not one of the best RPG for GameCube, which is the best. When writing a story that is fun, but not always happy Nintendo has created an RPG that is suitable for all ages.

Posted: 15 December 2010 06:00 AM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-12-15

Battle Paper Mario 2 is fun. I know that sounds like a crazy concept, but latest adventure of Mario RPG does not generate hordes of enemies in case you.

Posted: 15 December 2010 06:02 AM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-12-15

Battle Paper Mario 2 is fun. I know that sounds like a crazy concept, but latest adventure of Mario RPG does not generate hordes of enemies in case you.

Posted: 18 December 2010 01:10 AM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2010-12-18

Video game reviews seem to have some special quality in the minds of players where they should be objectively correct, a score in a magazine that determines the quality of a game really is.

Posted: 06 January 2011 02:34 AM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2010-06-25

I haven’t played it yet but really want to play soon so I m just thinking about to download it soon.

‹‹ Fable      Burnout Revenge Review ››