making a DVD???
Posted: 27 August 2004 09:44 AM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  167
Joined  2004-07-17

Let’s say I have 2 mpeg2 files that I’ve recorded with a TV Tuner software and I want them on DVD. Pinnacle Studio 8 take about 4 hours to make the files and then I have to burn them. I really don’t think that it should take this long. It’s already in the proper format, mpeg2. I just need it to split the files up into the vobs. Any ideas? Is there a differnt way of doing this? Do I need a differnt video edit program? Please help me! I don’t want to waste 4 hours everytime I want to back up my TV Shows!!!

😢  :(

Posted: 27 August 2004 02:38 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  167
Joined  2004-07-17

I’ve found the perfect thing! go to www.afterdawn.com and search for the file. This is a program called ReJig. You first demux the files, by clicking on File Mode (takes 2 steps, one for audio and one for video), and what this does is it gives you two files (audio & video) .mpa and .m2v. Then go to the DVD Authoring button in the program and choose the two files you just created. Then tell it where to save, and you’ve got what you need! I took me about 20min to create a DVD with 2 hours of TV!

PS. You may have to compress the video if its too large to fit on one DVD (instead of clicking on the demux button for the video, click re-compress job). It take about 10min (more or less) if you choose this option. You can also search google for info on how to use it for other purposes!

Yah! I found it I found it…..now only if i could get ecost to ship my iPod, then I’d truly be happy.