1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 4
What’s the story behind your username and icon?
Posted: 19 August 2004 06:29 AM     [ Ignore ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3532
Joined  2004-07-18

Well, Hector is my actual name, and I followed the pattern of the other Site Admin, who is Andru.  As far as the icon (or Avatar), I have a profound love for the Matrix films, and for videogames.  It’s a nice combination of the two.

What’s your story?

Posted: 19 August 2004 06:31 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  317
Joined  2004-08-04

Rayani Foxmur is a character I play in an RP online…

And my avatar…well…I think it’s kinda self explanitory… ^^;;

Posted: 19 August 2004 06:31 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

lets seeeee… gohan = fav dbz character. Although ive been using this screeen name since i was 8 lol. and bcc = initials Bryan Curtis Chow

in this case the 1 is there cause thats my ign username lol. and i made a bad account on ign so i made it again.

my avatar is of Calgary Flames hockey team!!!  amazing… truly amazing

Posted: 19 August 2004 07:27 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  699
Joined  2004-07-27

SpiceLMF is the name i use for everything.. i thought it up in 6th grade.. i was a really big Spice Girl fan.. haha still love em.. and LMF are my initials.. it actually was first SpiceLF when i just had a yahoo email and would go on the computer at the library.. but when i got my aol sn.. that was taken so i added my middle initial.

the avatar is audrey hepburn.. it was in the gallery of avatars.. just picked it because i liked it.. no one else had it.. and it was girly… haha.. I tried uploading the one I use on my own message board but it was a little too big and i didn’t feel like going through more trouble.

Posted: 19 August 2004 07:34 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

wow your story is like mine 😊 whats your middle name?

Posted: 19 August 2004 07:37 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  699
Joined  2004-07-27
[quote author=“gohan_bcc1”]wow your story is like mine 😊 whats your middle name?

Marie

Posted: 19 August 2004 07:53 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

o ic thats a nice name.

Posted: 19 August 2004 07:59 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  2060
Joined  2004-12-22

I have had Tighr for 8 years. There are two reasons for this name.

When I was a kid, my parents recorded movies and stuff on the VCR for me to watch. One of those that I watched all the time was the Winnie the Pooh movie. Ever since then, I’ve always had Tigger as my favorite character. Even to this day, Tigger is my favorite. I have several Disney Store Tiggers in my room, all different sizes and types.

Secondly, I had a friend in middle school who had a name spelled just like Tighr but started with a different letter. He claimed that he just hit five keys on the keyboard and those were it. Well a bunch of friends decided to pick names that ended in “ighr” and use those as screennames. I think he and I are the only ones who still have those screennames. That was 7 or 8 years ago.

I have had Spot for about 6 years, too. Freshman year of high school I found this pic online somewhere (long lost, I wish I could give credit to its owner). I used it on AIM back when they first allowed avatars. Then I moved to Oklahoma, and to keep in touch with my friends I set up a BB, and was the admin. I used Spot as my avatar there, too.

I usually have a picture of Loch Ness Monster flipping you off as my signature, but since I have my iPod status in the sig here, you all don’t get to see that. [Edit: I decided that since my iPod is almost here, I don’t need status anymore in my sig… so I put my normal sig in!]

Any forum I’m on will have the same screenname, same avatar and same signature. Its very recognizable, too! Helps me to see my own posts, because no one else has an avatar like it.

Posted: 19 August 2004 08:40 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

My name is Andru - and I run Gear Live 😛

Everywhere else, my username is drusoicy. Dru So Icy, just came about in high school. I was in the “popular” crowd. I was cool…and since ice is cold, if I was SO icy, I must have been really cool!!!

:D

:think:

:|

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 19 August 2004 09:16 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-07-18

^^^

:lol:

Posted: 19 August 2004 10:23 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2004-08-10

It is what I always use.  Only my password changes.

Boring…LOL.  I have a different name on my own site, but that’s because I’m the Site Admin.

I don’t even think I have an Avatar on here…but on another site, I use a WaLuigi (I think that’s his name)...a Mario Character.  And on my own site, just a 3D man-thing.  LOL

Posted: 19 August 2004 10:55 AM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  778
Joined  2005-01-17

snake eyes was a character from GI Joe 😛 Just change the e’s to 3’s and add 1001 for my birthdate - oct ,01

Posted: 19 August 2004 11:11 AM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3690
Joined  2004-12-22

ant= anthony man= what i am 22= random number i picked many years back, and just stuck with it. i guess for this year, it can mean my age, since i’m 22.

Posted: 19 August 2004 06:35 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

[quote author=“AndruGearLive”]My name is Andru - and I run Gear Live 😛

Everywhere else, my username is drusoicy. Dru So Icy, just came about in high school. I was in the “popular” crowd. I was cool…and since ice is cold, if I was SO icy, I must have been really cool!!!

:D

:think:

:|

haha fairly interesting story. NERD!!!! 😛
so is there even a point trying to fit into the popular crowd. Or just stick to waht you have. Cause my friend is being stupid hes like im wearing this because everyone says it makes you more popular in high school im like wtf who cares what you wear.

Posted: 19 August 2004 08:10 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-12-22

there is no point in trying to be in the “popular” crowd. and no, i’m not saying this because i wasn’t popular. i wasn’t popular, but i wasn’t a “nerd” or “freak” either…just sorta in the middle, i knew people from just about all crowds.hung out with different groups each weekend, lol.

but anyway, ya, there’s no point. i can tell you now, a lot of the “popular” people ended up droppin gout of their original colleges, have come back to town, and are now at one of the local community colleges. that or working as a waiter or something somewhere back here.  most of the overachievers, aka nerds i know…most of them are now in med/law/grad school, or are now working, making rather good money. once you get older, you’ll realize that clothes don’t make the man. the degree and paycheck does.lol. unless the guy is wearing a 1500 dollar canali suit, but that’s another thing.

so…would you rather have a cool shirt at 16…or a nice house and car at 30?

Posted: 19 August 2004 08:35 PM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

yeah i can get waht your act. But he is buying a specific brand eh 40-50$ a shirt. See i personally like to be in style cause thats just the way i am. I buy stuff that looks good or the same stuff my friends bought at 100$ when its like 20$. Even so if i find a diff brand that looks the same and i like the style i still buy it. Cause everyone wants to looks good IMO. I dont buy clothes to look cool or to be popular i just buy the stuff i think looks good and it just happens to be what other people are wearing 😛

Posted: 20 August 2004 02:38 AM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“gohan_bcc1”]yeah i can get waht your act. But he is buying a specific brand eh 40-50$ a shirt. See i personally like to be in style cause thats just the way i am. I buy stuff that looks good or the same stuff my friends bought at 100$ when its like 20$. Even so if i find a diff brand that looks the same and i like the style i still buy it. Cause everyone wants to looks good IMO. I dont buy clothes to look cool or to be popular i just buy the stuff i think looks good and it just happens to be what other people are wearing 😛

well ya, there’s nuthin wrong in lookin good. I’m not one to knock someone for buying expensive clothes, I do it myself, haha. I was just referring to those that buy the clothes that they do, cuz all the cool people do it. Oh ya, the people spending 60-70 bucks on abercrombie jeans, fyi: they’re the exact same as jeans found in target, its the same factory. they’re rebadged at different facilities.

Posted: 24 August 2004 12:43 PM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3333
Joined  2004-08-16

hmbldt is Humboldt which is where I graduated college and grl is girl because well I’m a girl. I’m a humboldt girl with less letters.  It’s my name everywhere I go and no one has it so I don’t have to keep typing in stuff hoping no one else has it. It is as easy as that.

Posted: 24 August 2004 12:45 PM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-08-16
[quote author=“antman22”][quote author=“gohan_bcc1”]yeah i can get waht your act. But he is buying a specific brand eh 40-50$ a shirt. See i personally like to be in style cause thats just the way i am. I buy stuff that looks good or the same stuff my friends bought at 100$ when its like 20$. Even so if i find a diff brand that looks the same and i like the style i still buy it. Cause everyone wants to looks good IMO. I dont buy clothes to look cool or to be popular i just buy the stuff i think looks good and it just happens to be what other people are wearing 😛

well ya, there’s nuthin wrong in lookin good. I’m not one to knock someone for buying expensive clothes, I do it myself, haha. I was just referring to those that buy the clothes that they do, cuz all the cool people do it. Oh ya, the people spending 60-70 bucks on abercrombie jeans, fyi: they’re the exact same as jeans found in target, its the same factory. they’re rebadged at different facilities.

same jeans…well then, I’m off to target.. to save a few bucks

Posted: 24 August 2004 12:49 PM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-08-16

[quote author=“antman22”]there is no point in trying to be in the “popular” crowd. and no, i’m not saying this because i wasn’t popular. i wasn’t popular, but i wasn’t a “nerd” or “freak” either…just sorta in the middle, i knew people from just about all crowds.hung out with different groups each weekend, lol.

but anyway, ya, there’s no point. i can tell you now, a lot of the “popular” people ended up droppin gout of their original colleges, have come back to town, and are now at one of the local community colleges. that or working as a waiter or something somewhere back here.  most of the overachievers, aka nerds i know…most of them are now in med/law/grad school, or are now working, making rather good money. once you get older, you’ll realize that clothes don’t make the man. the degree and paycheck does.lol. unless the guy is wearing a 1500 dollar canali suit, but that’s another thing.
so…would you rather have a cool shirt at 16…or a nice house and car at 30?

I’d rather have both. hey, I was popular.  I also had great grades and went to college graduated with honors and graduated with 2 degrees in 4 years.  I now have a pretty nice job and make pretty good money and I have nice stuff.  I have always had nice stuff.

Posted: 24 August 2004 01:38 PM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  494
Joined  2005-01-15

Eeeew….target jeans….

Abercrombie forever!

Anyways, Iw as sitting in my room one day, and saw a bottle of Acrylic paint. Then I glanced at my guitar, I used acrylicguitar as my email names. Then, a year went by and I wanted my forums name to be shorter, so I picked Acrylic. Its been Acrylic for a year now on every forum I go to, except gamefaqs.

Posted: 24 August 2004 03:55 PM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  2060
Joined  2004-12-22

[quote author=“Acrylic”]Eeeew….target jeans….

Abercrombie forever!

Ewww, Abercrombie.

I prefer Aeropostale or American Eagle. But I have a fair amount of clothes from Kohls!

Posted: 24 August 2004 04:04 PM   [ # 22 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  2662
Joined  2005-01-06

Lets see—MunkyXTC all came about because when I was younger I used to have a problem with climbing everything trees, houses, whatever, so my ‘rents always said I looked like a monkey [I converted it to munky yadda yadda]—as far as the XTC, no, it’s not a drug reference as everyone thinks—Actually, a looong time ago, I tried to use the name munky to get on a message board and it was already taken—it recommended the letters XTC be added to the end, I decided that it looked neat, so I kept it.  Everywhere I go on the net I use this name, so no point in changing now, it’s my webidentity.

Signature 

http://www.pacats.com

Posted: 24 August 2004 05:07 PM   [ # 23 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  494
Joined  2005-01-15

[quote author=“Tighr”][quote author=“Acrylic”]Eeeew….target jeans….

Abercrombie forever!

Ewww, Abercrombie.

I prefer Aeropostale or American Eagle. But I have a fair amount of clothes from Kohls!

AE makes great pants. I really like their pants, but for shirts, Abercrombie is number one in my honest opinion.

Posted: 24 August 2004 05:49 PM   [ # 24 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-07-18

I :love: this thread.

Posted: 04 January 2005 03:57 AM   [ # 25 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-07-18

This thread needed a serious bumping, and then I thought what the heck, why not make it a Sticky.  Would be nice to to hear from every member on the boards.

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 4