< 1 2
2 of 2
Okay Girl Advice!!! teheheh
Posted: 04 August 2004 05:24 PM   [ # 26 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  317
Joined  2004-08-04

Want a woman’s advice?

Ask her when you feel comfortable.  Don’t get all worried about things.  If you ask her out beforehand, make it clear that you trust her and that you’ll see her when she gets back.  Or just ask her out afterwards if that’s gonna be less stress on you.

Bottom line though?  People in high school are bitches.  Dating is basically nothing more than a game until after graduation.  Sure, there’s lots of stories of high school sweethearts and blah blah blah, but it’s definately not the majority.  I’d worry about other things in life first.  Then sit back, and enjoy the ride.  A relationship will come to you when it’s ready to.

Posted: 04 August 2004 05:27 PM   [ # 27 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

i already asked her out btw. I forgot to say it. I just wanted to know what was best of what i should do.

Posted: 04 August 2004 05:29 PM   [ # 28 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-08-04
[quote author=“gohan_bcc1”]i already asked her out btw. I forgot to say it. I just wanted to know what was best of what i should do.

Meaning what?  How serious you should get?

Posted: 04 August 2004 05:30 PM   [ # 29 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3532
Joined  2004-07-18
[quote author=“RayaniFoxmur”] Dating is basically nothing more than a game until after graduation.

Yeah, you just fool around until college.  And even then, you’re still not too serious.  Once you get your first job, or enter grad school then!

Posted: 04 August 2004 05:31 PM   [ # 30 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-08-04
[quote author=“HectorGearLive”][quote author=“RayaniFoxmur”] Dating is basically nothing more than a game until after graduation.

Yeah, you just fool around until college.  And even then, you’re still not too serious.  Once you get your first job, or enter grad school then!

I say, your first good relationships start at 21.  :D

Posted: 04 August 2004 06:34 PM   [ # 31 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

no i pretty much just wanted to know the benfits of asking before and asking after. anyhow your a girl so why in the thread about that persons ex did you say id hit it. Are you bi or something?

Posted: 04 August 2004 06:37 PM   [ # 32 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-08-04
[quote author=“gohan_bcc1”]no i pretty much just wanted to know the benfits of asking before and asking after. anyhow your a girl so why in the thread about that persons ex did you say id hit it. Are you bi or something?

LOL Yes I am bi, and have been so for many years.

Benefits of asking before:  Instant gratification
Benefits of asking after:  No worrying about what she’s doing, who she’s doing it with, and missing her endlessly

Posted: 04 August 2004 06:38 PM   [ # 33 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2005-10-20

err..since were going into stuff about pming…check your email and what not..

lets see now.. positive side is that shes “reserved” and you dont have to worry about someone asking her out becuase shes “reserved”..downside is that she might decide maybe she likes other guys and then you hardly have a chance cuz shes “been there done that”

that pretty much answers it good enough…hopefully..if not ask your mom..there full of wisdom <—- calm down im jk

Posted: 04 August 2004 06:40 PM   [ # 34 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07
[quote author=“RayaniFoxmur”][quote author=“gohan_bcc1”]no i pretty much just wanted to know the benfits of asking before and asking after. anyhow your a girl so why in the thread about that persons ex did you say id hit it. Are you bi or something?

LOL Yes I am bi, and have been so for many years.

Benefits of asking before:  Instant gratification
Benefits of asking after:  No worrying about what she’s doing, who she’s doing it with, and missing her endlessly

okay there we go an answer i was looking for.

Posted: 04 August 2004 06:41 PM   [ # 35 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2005-10-20

bah..o well i tried to give u the answer u wanted but o well

Posted: 04 August 2004 06:41 PM   [ # 36 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-08-04

Personally, I probably would have waited to ask her until afterwards just for the fact that you’re probably not going to get much time together before she goes away (On Vacation I’m assuming?), and new relationships need that new togetherness time.

Posted: 04 August 2004 06:46 PM   [ # 37 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07
[quote author=“RayaniFoxmur”]Personally, I probably would have waited to ask her until afterwards just for the fact that you’re probably not going to get much time together before she goes away (On Vacation I’m assuming?), and new relationships need that new togetherness time.

i have been dating her for 2 weeks and then asked her out last monday and she left friday so yeah.

Posted: 05 August 2004 06:28 AM   [ # 38 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2004-07-26

i am back!  got caught up at work.  and yes, i did ask my sister, though it seems someone else has gotten the woman’s opinion here already.  :D   (and yes, she thought i was strange for asking, but that’s what older siblings are for)

now, i don’t know how old you are, but it seems that this pertains to any girl.  so i don’t know how old you are, but i’m assuming you’re either a teenager or early 20s.  my sister says:

have you had a girlfriend before?  how well do you know this girl?  does she like you back?  chances are, if the crush is mutual, it wouldn’t have mattered when you asked her out.  so what if she’s going away for a month?  there’s always telephone calls and emails and the worst case scenario only has you waiting a month to see her again.  it may seem like an eternity, but she’ll be thinking about you and you’ll be thinking about her, and if anything, it’ll keep her wondering and wanting more.  if it was meant to be, it’ll be worth the wait.  but if her heart’s just not there, and the relationship fizzles, then it would have happened eventually, regardless of whether you asked her out before or after she came back.

bottom line: take it easy, and don’t freak out too much.  you’ve already asked her out, right?  you can’t take it back.  so let what happens happen.  if it works, then congratulations.  if it doesn’t, take it gracefully and move on.  there’s someone else out there for you, even though it may not feel that way now.

Posted: 05 August 2004 06:30 AM   [ # 39 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

okay thnx thats an answer i like and yes she does like me. And we met through eachothers friends.

Posted: 05 August 2004 06:36 AM   [ # 40 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2004-07-26

also, my own two cents…and it might come out sounding kind of harsh, but i’m really not trying to sound mean.  just listen to me with an open mind and keep in mind that i’m not lecturing.

regarding the fact that she’s now “yours” since you asked her out before she left:  just because you’ve asked her out, does not mean she belongs to you.  sure, there’s an unspoken agreement now that you’re an “item”, but you have to remember that she is a separate being, and that if she wants to hook up with someone else, she can and might do so.  i’m not saying that she will.  but she always has the option, whether you might frown upon that or not.  you can’t stop people from doing things by virtue of just asking them out. 

one of my best friend’s ex-boyfriends thought he was a real macho man.  he wouldn’t let her have any friends, or go anywhere without him.  he made sure people knew she was his girlfriend.  it was ridiculous.  in the end, she broke up with him because he got too jealous and obsessive.  you don’t want that to happen with you and your girlfriend.

Posted: 05 August 2004 06:40 AM   [ # 41 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

[quote author=“thor88”]also, my own two cents…and it might come out sounding kind of harsh, but i’m really not trying to sound mean.  just listen to me with an open mind and keep in mind that i’m not lecturing.

regarding the fact that she’s now “yours” since you asked her out before she left:  just because you’ve asked her out, does not mean she belongs to you.  sure, there’s an unspoken agreement now that you’re an “item”, but you have to remember that she is a separate being, and that if she wants to hook up with someone else, she can and might do so.  i’m not saying that she will.  but she always has the option, whether you might frown upon that or not.  you can’t stop people from doing things by virtue of just asking them out. 

one of my best friend’s ex-boyfriends thought he was a real macho man.  he wouldn’t let her have any friends, or go anywhere without him.  he made sure people knew she was his girlfriend.  it was ridiculous.  in the end, she broke up with him because he got too jealous and obsessive.  you don’t want that to happen with you and your girlfriend.

yeah i know how that works i give her the space she needs. Plus she mailed me a card since its my birthday soon and she wasnt sure if she would be able to mail it when she goes to the USA and that card was a really good thing just because of everything she wrote in it. So im cool and im not worried anymore. If #### happens it happens.

Posted: 21 August 2004 08:28 PM   [ # 42 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

wow reading this over again now that i know all of you… thnx once again for all the help… especially rayani. But lets just see how #### turns out when the time comes… 1 week from tomorrow… looking forward to it.

Posted: 22 August 2004 06:36 AM   [ # 43 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  494
Joined  2005-01-15

Okay, so there was this one girl I knew since 7th grade. She moved away close to 2,000 miles away from me. So, I hadnt talked to her for 3 years. But then she signed on to her sister’s IM name.

To make a long story short, we fell in love again (I liked her back in 7th grade), we wanted to get married.

MMkay now, NEVER think about getting married when you’re my age (15). Well, she is 17, but she wanted to get married when I was 18 or something.  :|

So then, she was deciding to come and visit here. And all that talk about getting married and stuff was starting to make me kinda sick, so I just decided to break up with her and never talk to her again.

Sure, she wanted to…ya know…...but I would NEVER go out with her again, on account of what I went through.  :roll:

EDIT - The point of this. DONT TALK ABOUT MARRIAGE WHEN YOU’RE 15. Or whatever age you are, unless you’re 18 or something.

Posted: 22 August 2004 06:42 AM   [ # 44 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  2060
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“Acrylic”]EDIT - The point of this. DONT TALK ABOUT MARRIAGE WHEN YOU’RE 15. Or whatever age you are, unless you’re 18 or something.

I dunno, I’m 21 and the talk of it freaks me out. My ex-gf, I was with her for two years, and I decided that I was almost ready to be engaged (a huge decision for me), but then she broke up with me because she wanted to be a college student with no strings attached. I guess we were going two different directions with the relationship.

To all you girls: us guys really do have feelings…

Posted: 22 August 2004 06:49 AM   [ # 45 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

haha ill take the whole not talking about getting married into consideration lol. Im just glad shes almost back.

Posted: 22 August 2004 11:11 AM   [ # 46 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-08-04

LOL

*snickers*

You will talk about marriage when YOU are comfortable with it.  Be it 15 or 18 or 35.  There is no age requirement.  At all. 

Boys make me giggle ^___^

Posted: 22 August 2004 07:31 PM   [ # 47 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

haha 15… i cant see myself wanting to get married at 15. I cant see anyone wanting to get married at 15. besides that other person haha.

Posted: 23 August 2004 06:08 AM   [ # 48 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  494
Joined  2005-01-15
[quote author=“gohan_bcc1”]haha 15… i cant see myself wanting to get married at 15. I cant see anyone wanting to get married at 15. besides that other person haha.

Not AT 15 ya nog 😛

Nah, I meant TALKING about getting married after the age of 18 WHEN you are 15.

Posted: 24 August 2004 12:50 PM   [ # 49 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

well my gf finally got to get on a cpu and i talked to her on msn and everything seems to be fine. So yay!

Posted: 24 August 2004 12:51 PM   [ # 50 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3690
Joined  2004-12-22

coolio.

< 1 2
2 of 2