The Advantage
Posted: 23 July 2004 03:22 PM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  620
Joined  2004-07-18

I was wondering if any of you like these guys.  From a personal stand-point I think they’re amazing.  For those of you unfamiliar with them, they do video game music covers from the good ole 8-bit nintendo days.  The beauty of it is that they take these seemingly simple songs and create masterpieces. If you get a chance to listen it’s a nostalgia trip.  Their cover of the Wizards & Warriors Intro kicks all possible ass as well as their cover of MegaMan 2’s Flashman theme.

Posted: 13 August 2004 10:41 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2004-12-22

Holy Crap, they are amazing, they just played at Nickel City a month or so ago, and opened for Pedro the Lion and John Vanderslice.  haha It was incredible!  It was fun just trying to remember the songs in video games.

Posted: 23 August 2004 09:15 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2004-07-16

Yeah, these guys are awesome! I read this article in the latest spin magazine about another NES cover band and they mentioned the advantage so I checked out their CD and it’s great! I was hugely into contra back in the day so it was cool hearing their versions of the contra songs.

Posted: 23 August 2004 09:27 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3690
Joined  2004-12-22

I’ve never heard of them…I’ll be sure to give them a whirl. I enjoy good ol nintendo covers. smile