[Best Movies of All Time: ROUND 2] WWII Flicks….
Posted: 21 July 2004 09:09 PM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2004-06-20

I can’t watch Schindler’s List without having all faith in humanity completely destroyed and then rebuilt everytime I watch it.  It’s the most moving film I’ve ever seen.  The other moving are excellent as well.

Posted: 21 July 2004 09:09 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-06-20

The Pianist

A Polish Jewish musician struggles to survive the destruction of the Warsaw ghetto of World War II.

Adrien Brody
Thomas Kretschmann
Frank Finlay
Maureen Lipman
Emilia Fox
Ed Stoppard

Schindler’s List

Oskar Schindler uses Jews to start a factory in Poland during the war. He witnesses the horrors endured by the Jews, and starts to save them.

Liam Neeson
Ben Kingsley
Ralph Fiennes
Caroline Goodall

Life is Beautiful

A Jewish man has a wonderful romance with the help of his humour, but must use that same quality to protect his son in a Nazi death camp.

Roberto Benigni
Nicoletta Braschi
Giustino Durano
Lidia Alfonsi

Das Boot

The claustrophobic world of a WWII German U-boat; boredom, filth, and sheer terror.

Jürgen Prochnow
Herbert Grönemeyer
Klaus Wennemann
Hubertus Bengsch
Martin Semmelrogge

Saving Private Ryan

Based on a World War II drama. US soldiers try to save their comrade, paratrooper Private Ryan, who’s stationed behind enemy lines.

Tom Hanks
Edward Burns
Matt Damon
Jeremy Davies
Vin Diesel

There we are, let the voting begin.

Looks like Spielberg’s in here twice…

Posted: 21 July 2004 09:18 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  2511
Joined  2004-12-22

Life is Beautiful is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Simply amazing, and it gets my vote.

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 21 July 2004 09:34 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-06-20

Good that you could make your mind up so easily, I love all of these movies…. I guess I have a fetish for WWII films or something…

I’m deciding between Schindler’s List, The Pianist, and Life is Beautiful…

Posted: 27 July 2004 08:21 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2004-07-27

Saving Private Ryan is the best one listed as far as action.  and Schindlers List is the best from a historic aspect. 

BUT, my favorite war movie is Band of Brothers.  Technically not a movie, but it was a great series.