Free iPods Successes
Posted: 23 July 2004 08:11 AM   [ # 51 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2441
Joined  2004-12-21

black - They ship monday or tuesday.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 23 July 2004 08:32 AM   [ # 52 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2004-07-16
[quote author=“AndruGearLive”]black - They ship monday or tuesday.

Oh? Sweet, works for me.

Posted: 23 July 2004 08:52 AM   [ # 53 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2004-07-18

Your Status:
Congratulations! You have currently completed all requirements to get your totally FREE iPod. We now need to confirm your account and referral offer completions. Please check back after 2 business days to see your status. 

YAY! Ill update when I am out of “pending”. Hopefully they dont try to pull the “now its 8 referrals” crap on this before I am approved.

Posted: 23 July 2004 09:00 AM   [ # 54 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  778
Joined  2005-01-17

congrats.

Posted: 23 July 2004 09:19 AM   [ # 55 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2004-07-21

Hmm, weirdness.  I signed up for AOL, and it went through (I had checkmarks and crap on it).  Then I cancelled it the next day and it was still checked..  Now my “complete offer” page says I went through eBay instead. WTF, man?

Posted: 23 July 2004 10:14 AM   [ # 56 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2006-08-13

Posted: 23 July 2004 10:40 AM   [ # 57 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2004-07-18
[quote author=“sambeckett”]i just got started!

Welcome.

Let me point out a few things though.
One, this thread is not for general discussion, it is for listing your completion/status of your order. Not for general chit-chat/posting of referral links.
Two, it is expected courtesy on this board to post your link after you have joined through another link here. It is also expected that when you do, you post whos link you used. This is the only way to be added to the list on this site, and such posts should go in the appropriate thread.

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy it here. And good luck as well!

Posted: 23 July 2004 01:00 PM   [ # 58 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  2662
Joined  2005-01-06

What was everyones average wait time to go from pending to progress 3? I ordered today at 11:30am Freeipod.com time; just curious

Signature 

http://www.pacats.com

Posted: 23 July 2004 02:14 PM   [ # 59 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2004-07-17

:cry:  No one congratulated me for passing the verification stage :cry:

Anyway, we need to clear something up. The word “pending” is being thrown around left and right. For Freeipods.com “pending” is the stage between referral verification and “In Progress 3”. Some people are calling the verification stage “pending”

just my 2 cents.

BTW, no one seems to care to answer my questions.
Repost:
...I checked my mp3 collection…I actually have 21.6Gb, that’s without counting the 150 or so CDs I have yet to convert…I might have to sell the 20giger I’m getting and buy a 40giger :evil:

How about you guys, how big are your mp3 collections?
I’ve been reading a lot about Ipods, it’s amazing the kind of stuff you can do with these things.
What are your favorite ipod sites? I like http://www.ipoding.com and http://www.ipodlounge.com
Did anyone notice that the picture of the IPOD on the page where you select the model you want is that of the old 15Gb model (and it says 4Gb mini or 15Gb), although it says the brand new 20Gb Ipod (in the drop-down menu)?

——————————-

Anyone cares to answer/discuss?

P.S: Yes, I am anal retentive (my gf calls me Monk, like the Obsessive Compulsive Detective on USA.)

P.S 2: I also have an OCD (I wash my hands all the time, and am a neat freak :wink:

One last thing: how long between “Pending” and “In Progress 3”
I better find answers to all my questions when I wake up tomorrow morning :love:

Thanks

Posted: 23 July 2004 04:08 PM   [ # 60 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2004-07-17

I’m not listing “Verification” anymore, because it should happen fast enough that I don’t want to be updating the thread all the time.  Anyway, if you don’t go into Pending at that point, you’ve got bigger problems.  :(

Posted: 23 July 2004 09:38 PM   [ # 61 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2004-07-22

[quote author=“redah”]
BTW, no one seems to care to answer my questions.
Repost:
...I checked my mp3 collection…I actually have 21.6Gb, that’s without counting the 150 or so CDs I have yet to convert…I might have to sell the 20giger I’m getting and buy a 40giger :evil:

How about you guys, how big are your mp3 collections?
I’ve been reading a lot about Ipods, it’s amazing the kind of stuff you can do with these things.
What are your favorite ipod sites? I like http://www.ipoding.com and http://www.ipodlounge.com
Did anyone notice that the picture of the IPOD on the page where you select the model you want is that of the old 15Gb model (and it says 4Gb mini or 15Gb), although it says the brand new 20Gb Ipod (in the drop-down menu)?

——————————-

Anyone cares to answer/discuss?

reading owns you.

[quote author=“DrPrimo”]
Let me point out a few things though.
One, this thread is not for general discussion, it is for listing your completion/status of your order. Not for general chit-chat/posting of referral links.

yes, if you ordered your ipod after 3-5 days ago, you will be getting a 20gig, 4th generation ipod, instead of a 15gig, 3rd gen.

MY STATUS:
In Progress 3

i went from ordering it last night, to waking up this morning and having it pending…then a few hours later…in progress 3.

i’m hoping it will ship out early next week.

i really can’t wait….i’ve always wanted an ipod, but i never wanted to dish out $300 for one.

Posted: 23 July 2004 11:24 PM   [ # 62 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2004-07-21

i just got my friend to sign up this morning with professor video so now im done!

Posted: 23 July 2004 11:25 PM   [ # 63 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2004-07-21

im in verification…..how long does that take? sorry for asking

Posted: 23 July 2004 11:26 PM   [ # 64 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2004-07-21

oh yeah my ebay never worked….so didnt my friends which sucks!

Posted: 23 July 2004 11:39 PM   [ # 65 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2004-07-21

all alone….all i can do is stare at http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/shop/detail.asp?dpno=470577

Posted: 24 July 2004 12:30 AM   [ # 66 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2005-01-06
[quote author=“critten”]all alone….all i can do is stare at http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/shop/detail.asp?dpno=470577

Hmm, that’s odd my order doesn’t pull up in the system.; and I’m in the 450K range

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2004 12:38 AM   [ # 67 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2005-01-06

SuperRob, Maybe you want to add this info as static in your first post regarding the progress 3,2,1, and pending—Direct from freeipods website:

I have placed my order, when will I receive it?
You can view the status of your order by clicking here.

Pending We have just received your order. Most orders are in Pending for 5-7 business days. Once an order is passed the Pending stage, it cannot be cancelled or modified.

In Progress This means that our supplier is working on processing your order. Most 15 GB iPods are shipped out by them in 1-2 weeks; iPod minis in 4-6 weeks. In Progress orders cannot be cancelled or modified in any way. Please note that In Progress 2 and In Progress 3 are the same as In Progress.

Hold If your order is on Hold, it is because there is more than one account at your shipping adress.

Shipped Most orders take 1-3 weeks to be delivered after they have shipped. You will receive an email when your order is shipped. At this time, a tracking number should be available for your order on the Order Status page. 

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2004 02:16 AM   [ # 68 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2004-07-17

Well, if you read the first post, you’d see that I posted a little more detailed information than that.

Posted: 24 July 2004 03:27 AM   [ # 69 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2004-07-17

still no answers, huh?
I’m very disappointed!
Apparently you guys are too busy checking the status of your order on freeipod.com’s site, not that I haven’t checked myself to see if I moved to “In Progress” (still “Pending”)

Oh, well

I’m signing off for 24 hours, heading to the Chesapeake Bay for a Crab Feast with my gf.

BTW, prometheus4, I didn’t get your comment

reading owns you

Posted: 24 July 2004 03:44 AM   [ # 70 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2006-08-13

Posted: 24 July 2004 03:49 AM   [ # 71 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2005-01-06

[quote author=“SuperRob”]Well, if you read the first post, you’d see that I posted a little more detailed information than that.

I did read the first post…it says nothing about how long it’s going to take for X to happen.  That was taken from freeipods webpage, and provide a detailed description, and timeline.  None of which the first post indicate.  Sorry, just trying to help avoid repeat questions—Still appears there is animosity around here, so I’ll refrain from posting.

Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2004 04:10 AM   [ # 72 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2004-07-17

[quote author=“munkyxtc”]I did read the first post…it says nothing about how long it’s going to take for X to happen.  That was taken from freeipods webpage, and provide a detailed description, and timeline.  None of which the first post indicate.  Sorry, just trying to help avoid repeat questions—Still appears there is animosity around here, so I’ll refrain from posting.

OK, except that the quote from the FreeiPods website doesn’t containg that information either.  The timeline they provide is not entirely accurate (and that’s the only information I omitted), and my post arguably contains MORE information than the FreeiPods website (regarding what each “in progress” step actually means, the supplier, etc).  I gave as much information as I felt was needed to make sense of it, and I think it’s enough.  If a moderator wants to go in and update it, they’re more than welcome to, but I personally think it’s unnecessary.

I don’t harbor any animostiy towards you, munkyxtc.  I don’t have time for that kind of pettiness.  Please stop reading things into my carefully chosen words, because I’m trying to go out of my way to remain as neutral as possible.

Posted: 24 July 2004 04:55 AM   [ # 73 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2004-07-24

PeterDLai what happen to your ipod board?

Posted: 24 July 2004 05:58 AM   [ # 74 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2004-07-22

[quote author=“critten”]all alone….all i can do is stare at http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/shop/detail.asp?dpno=470577

nice link.

Posted: 24 July 2004 09:08 AM   [ # 75 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2004-07-22

[quote author=“redah”]BTW, prometheus4, I didn’t get your comment

reading owns you

i was pointing out that you should read.  a few posts above yours, it said “this thread is not for pointless discussions.  it’s merely to update others on your situation” - then you went and asked everyone which one they were getting, and a bunch of other useless questions.

[quote author=“munkyxtc”][quote author=“SuperRob”]Well, if you read the first post, you’d see that I posted a little more detailed information than that.

I did read the first post…it says nothing about how long it’s going to take for X to happen.  That was taken from freeipods webpage, and provide a detailed description, and timeline.  None of which the first post indicate.  Sorry, just trying to help avoid repeat questions—Still appears there is animosity around here, so I’ll refrain from posting.

i’ll try to set things straight.

after you’ve ordered, it enters the pending (or verification) process.  to get through that should take 1-3 business days.  (mine went in about 2 hours though)

after you’ve been verified, it enters the “progress” stages - they’re all basically the same…just different numbers in front of them.  it will take 1-2 WEEKS to go through all 3 progress stages.

after that, it’s shipped out…which takes another 3-5 business days (UPS ground).

so all in all, from the point where you place your order, to the point where it’s on your doorstep, you’re looking at 3 to 4 weeks.

not bad for something that’s free.

3 of 202

Yay First topic ››