2 of 202
Free iPods Successes
Posted: 22 July 2004 01:39 PM   [ # 26 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2005-06-22

I picked the 20GB 4th gen myself for the record smile.

Posted: 22 July 2004 01:58 PM   [ # 27 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2004-07-20

Actually, I’ve been in the “verifying referrals, wait 2 days” status all morning.  Is this the step that is supposed to be instant or did people have to wait? thanks.

Posted: 22 July 2004 01:59 PM   [ # 28 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2006-08-13

Posted: 22 July 2004 02:30 PM   [ # 29 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2004-07-17

:cry:  I’ve been on pending since this morning 8 am EST. It’s been 10 hours. Does it mean that some of my completed referrals are bogus? I need some reassurance guys.

I’m afraid it might be because one of my referrals showed up as completed in my account and another friends’. I mentioned that in a post yesterday. Apparently no one cared enough to address my concerns :cry:

Here it is again (from older post):
I emailed 2 friends, freethinker01 and umiami1234, from my e-mail account with my link. Both of them signed up and completed but then Freethinker01 sent umiami1234 his link directly from within his account in freeipods (he didn’t know I had written umiami1234). Now umiami1234 shows up as completed in both our accounts. My theory is that since he’s in their database as having completed, he shows up that way whenever his e-mail is used from within their referral sending page (bad english). What do you guys think? anyone had the same experience?
I’m gonna wait until I get 6 completed before I order the IPod, just in case.
———————

and I did get 6 referrals this morning. 6th one was my gf but I kinda felt bad (kinda like I was using her). She wants the pink mini. I don’t know if I have the courage to “work” as hard to get it for her as I did with mine.

BTW, I was hoping to get the 20Gb model.
I have about 12-13Gb of mp3s, plus I plan on converting my entire CD collection (150 CDs).

Posted: 22 July 2004 04:00 PM   [ # 30 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2005-01-17

[quote author=“redah”]:cry:  I’ve been on pending since this morning 8 am EST. It’s been 10 hours. Does it mean that some of my completed referrals are bogus? I need some reassurance guys.

You’‘ll be alright.

I had to wait overnight to go from pending to progress 3.  I was also skeptical that some of my completed referrals didn’t check out as being kosher.  Thought maybe some people cancelled their trial offers a little too early. Who knows really what they check when your account says “pending.” 

Can’t wait til my “In progress 3” turns to “shipped”.  smile

Posted: 22 July 2004 04:17 PM   [ # 31 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2004-07-17

what do you think they scrutinize when checking referrals?  i (foolishly) signed my self up on 2 accounts, using my dad’s name and address, but my credit card for the offer.  i’m worried they’ll ‘Hold’ my account if they discover that both accounts are mine.  I’m not trying to rip them off for 2 ipods, i was just anxious in the beginning to get referrals (not like I needed it, I have 15 signed up)

plus, i only have 1 person who’s completed their offer… it’s been at least a couple days for the other ones, what’s taking so long?

Posted: 22 July 2004 04:29 PM   [ # 32 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2004-07-17

Well quite frankly, that’s EXACTLY what they’re trying to check, to make sure that you’re not signing up multiple times to reduce the number of REAL referrals you need.

The point of this is generating sales leads for these companies.  If every lead is you, then it’s not accomplishing it’s goal, and the leads (which these companies are paying for) are worthless.

Posted: 22 July 2004 05:24 PM   [ # 33 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2005-06-22

[quote author=“dichronic”]what do you think they scrutinize when checking referrals?  i (foolishly) signed my self up on 2 accounts, using my dad’s name and address, but my credit card for the offer.  i’m worried they’ll ‘Hold’ my account if they discover that both accounts are mine.  I’m not trying to rip them off for 2 ipods, i was just anxious in the beginning to get referrals (not like I needed it, I have 15 signed up)

plus, i only have 1 person who’s completed their offer… it’s been at least a couple days for the other ones, what’s taking so long?

Your best bet is to email em explaining the situation. Tell them you meant no harm and had and have no intention of defrauding them and hope they can be lenient and if they have to, to please only put on “hold” your Dad’s account (or whoever you tried to use as a second referral at your address).

Hope it works out man.

Posted: 22 July 2004 07:58 PM   [ # 34 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  281
Joined  2004-12-22

ouch. that sucks…

i don’t have any referrals :( i wish someone would help me

but good luck to all

Posted: 23 July 2004 05:49 AM   [ # 35 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2004-07-17

as of 9:40 am EST still pending :cry:

Posted: 23 July 2004 07:22 AM   [ # 36 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2004-07-21

acct just got updated from pending to in progress 3….woohoo..any idea how long before shipped?

Posted: 23 July 2004 07:50 AM   [ # 37 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2004-07-19
[quote author=“SuperRob”]Went through all that just to turn around and sell it?  How disappointing.  Good luck to you, though I think the market value of these is going to drop with all the free ones FreeiPods has got to be sending out.

well… he technically got 3 free $100 bills if he sells it

BTW, i’m in the club too! i’m only Pending, tho :(

Posted: 23 July 2004 08:07 AM   [ # 38 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2004-07-17

the site is down :cry:

P.S: you guys must think I’m a whiner

Posted: 23 July 2004 08:12 AM   [ # 39 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2004-07-17

Yup.

The site goes down for a little while every morning.  Nothing unusual.

Posted: 23 July 2004 08:16 AM   [ # 40 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2004-07-21

Your Status:
Congratulations! You have currently completed all requirements to get your totally FREE iPod. We now need to confirm your account and referral offer completions. Please check back after 2 business days to see your status. 

:D :D

Posted: 23 July 2004 08:35 AM   [ # 41 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2004-07-23

Well this is my first post here but i was reffered here by a friend.
Anyways i stumbled upon this about two and a half weeks ago and figured i would give it a try. I managed to post everything i could think of and i racked up a wopping 16 refferalls paid and signed under my name. My order finally started after i managed to verify my email and things were set in motion :D

After a few days of being pending, it moved into inprogress, then inprogress2, i checked back about four days ago and it said Shipped. I still didnt believe it though and laughed about how i lost 5$. Well i emailed them for a tracking number and recieved a reply the next day with a number. I checked the tracking number and it said delivered. I was confused because i hadnt recieved crap. The someone bangs on my door and said “andrew you have a package”.

Suddenly a smile came accross my face and i bolted upstairs to grap the package. I opened it and my jaw dropped. Inside was a brand spanking new sealed 15GB Ipod. There was a reciept from ecost.com billed and paid by gratis internet. Anyways this #### is fo real! Here are the pics of my sexky new toy

Im trying to earn a second ipod to donate or have a contest for, sign up here

http://www.freeipods.com/default.aspx?referer=7267091

freeipodinv.jpg
freeipodvesti.jpg
freeipodvesti2.jpg
freeipodlabel.jpg

Posted: 23 July 2004 08:46 AM   [ # 42 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2004-07-17

OH MY GOD (and this means a lot coming from an agnostic)

I just placed my order. I’m still shaking from excitement. All my referrals checked out!

I’m at work, on lunch break now, but when I checked earlier and it was down, I thought perhaps they’re updating my status (sorry your account is on HOLD).

Now it says pending on the order status page. I guess I shouldn’t have used the word “pending” in the previous stage (when they were still verifying my referrals).
The reason why I was worried is because I shared a completed referral with a friend of mine (it’s possible) and I knew they were gonna check to make sure all the referrals are unique. Luckily, I got 6 completed and he got 7 so even if they discarded that one we were still good. BTW, my friend who got seven started 3 days after me (I told him about it) and he got his 7 completed referrals 24 hours before me!!!

I took screenshots of all the stages to use them as a marketing tool. I’m trying to get people to use my gf’s referral link so I can get her a pink mini-ipod

Anyway, now I’m waiting for the “in progress 3” message to appear.
Also, I checked my mp3 collection yesterday, I actually have 21.6Gb, that’s without counting the 150 or so CDs I have yet to convert…I might have to sell the 20giger I’m getting and buy a 40giger :mischeif:

How about you guys, how big are your mp3 collections?
I’ve been reading a lot about Ipods, it’s amazing the kind of stuff you can do with these things.
What are your favorite ipod sites? I like http://www.ipoding.com and http://www.ipodlounge.com

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the moral support :clap: . I thought I’d never see the green “redeem your offer” button (i’m a worrywart).

P.S: did anyone notice that the picture of the IPOD on the page where you select the model you want is that of the old 15Gb model (and it says 4Gb mini or 15Gb), although it says the brand new 20Gb Ipod (in the drop-down menu)?

Posted: 23 July 2004 08:55 AM   [ # 43 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  746
Joined  2004-12-29

“We now need to confirm your account and referral offer completions. Please check back after 2 business days to see your status. “

Did this happen to everyone else? So I’m guessing after this I will see the place order link?

Posted: 23 July 2004 08:56 AM   [ # 44 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2004-07-17

Wow, nice pictures.  Blurry, but nice.  Am I the only one that has a camera with a decent Macro functions.?

Here’s a Tip: When taking close-up pictures, switch your camera to the setting that has the little flower on it.  That’s what it was designed for, taking close-ups without getting all blurry.  smile

Posted: 23 July 2004 09:00 AM   [ # 45 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2004-07-23

picture phome :think:

Posted: 23 July 2004 09:02 AM   [ # 46 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2004-07-17

Ah, that would do it.  I’m glad we’re finally starting to see decent camera/phone hybrids coming out, though.  The cameras in all of my phones stink.  smile

Anyway, thanks for the update, Drew, and congrats on your iPod!

Posted: 23 July 2004 09:03 AM   [ # 47 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2004-07-23

thanks man…now my goal is a new tv

Posted: 23 July 2004 09:08 AM   [ # 48 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2004-07-17

I’m still debating doing the free flat screens one, but I’m just not crazy about any of them.  I still say that if they were to do a free HDTV deal, I’d be all over it.  smile

Posted: 23 July 2004 12:58 PM   [ # 49 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2004-07-16

I know it’s way (way (way (way))) too early for it to even be remotely close to being shipped, but the UPS guy pulled up with a small box. I had thought it might just not be updated on the site and it was here—the box size was right, too!

I must be living in a dream world or on crack smile

Note to self: Hurt mother for ordering such a small box.

Posted: 23 July 2004 01:01 PM   [ # 50 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  778
Joined  2005-01-17

what exactly is progress 1,2 and 3?

2 of 202

Yay First topic ››