1 2 > 
1 of 2
Whose Anticipating The PSP?
Posted: 19 June 2004 05:18 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

I think its going to be incredible. Like wow its 50X better then the GBA mind you a new one is being made.

Posted: 20 June 2004 10:07 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2004-06-19

o i am, its soposed to be pretty cheap to.

Posted: 20 June 2004 03:35 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

yeah and I saw the video’s of it on ign and wow its incredible. Its like a handheld ps2 haha. Hopefully its no more then 300$ Canadian.

Posted: 26 June 2004 07:11 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2004-06-26

PSH! it’s not going to be cheap at all!

It’ll run from 200-300$. Too much for ps2 ports for me.

Battery life = SUCKS

2 hours for high-end games.  2 HOURS!!

Posted: 27 June 2004 01:09 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2004-06-27

I would have to say “yay” to the DS

2 screens, and touch screen along with wi-fi is just awesome.

Not to mention voice recognition and more.

The games just look great.
Wario Ware DS is utilizing the touch screen in such amazing ways.

Posted: 29 June 2004 08:35 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2004-06-20
[quote author=“UnK”]o i am, its soposed to be pretty cheap to.

Find me a link and I will feel stupid, but, from what I’ve heard… the PSP will go for around $300…. that doesnt sound “pretty cheap” to me.

Posted: 29 June 2004 10:40 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

I am hearing through my sources that it will probably be $249. Even so…I can buy two Gamecubes and a game for that, or an XBOX or PS2 and two games.

I dont know, but as of now it just seems too expensive.  :x

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 29 June 2004 12:17 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2004-06-28

^^^ My thoughts exactly.

And the DS won’t be over 150$.  Itll likely be 129.

The whole UMD thing is going to be proven bad for sony.
Who’s going to buy a DVD, and then a UMD of the same movie just to watch it portabley… (yes, a new word) I don’t know, I feel more secure with a sturdy cartridge, even if it holds less information

Posted: 30 June 2004 06:03 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2004-06-30

i dunno im still probably going to look further into the PSP. It still looks pretty decent.

Posted: 03 July 2004 11:37 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2004-07-03

I can’t wait for the PSP, man Metal Gear Solid, and Grand Turismo got me set on it already,

Posted: 19 July 2004 07:17 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3532
Joined  2004-07-18

The PSP is going to be one sweet piece of hardware.  I won’t mind the price tag because I always have commutes to work, and don’t have much time to play at home.

Posted: 30 July 2004 03:40 AM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2004-07-30

I’m looking forward to the entire next generation of consoles.  I think we’re finally getting to a point where we can get something a litle more in a game.  I think the DS will be a great and innovative product.  The PSP is shooting for a whole new arena though.  We love converged products, don’t we?

Posted: 30 July 2004 07:39 AM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“HectorGearLive”]The PSP is going to be one sweet piece of hardware. I won’t mind the price tag because I always have commutes to work, and don’t have much time to play at home.

Don’t forget to bring your charger because with the battery life expected to be low, it won’t make it for both ways of your commute.

[quote author=“jshinkle”]The PSP is shooting for a whole new arena though.

And the DS isn’t?

Posted: 30 July 2004 08:03 AM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2004-07-30

I don’t think of the DS as convergence as much as evolution.  I haven’t heard anything about it being an MP3 player or a cell phone or any other device I would normally want to toe around.  The PSP is being touted as, at least potentially, having several different devices converged into one.  Thoughts?

Posted: 30 July 2004 01:40 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2004-07-16

If I could take my existing movies to convert and make my own UMDs to play on the PSP I would get one. I doubt alot of studios will release movies on DVD and UMD. Maybe if Sony provides a UMD disc with DVD movie in same case I’ll buy a PSP.

They, Sony, Talkes about how great it is for FMV and movies but who can write to a UMD?  I am thinking about a Tapwave Zodiac though.

Posted: 30 July 2004 07:49 PM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2004-07-29

[quote author=“Leviticus”]If I could take my existing movies to convert and make my own UMDs to play on the PSP I would get one. I doubt alot of studios will release movies on DVD and UMD. Maybe if Sony provides a UMD disc with DVD movie in same case I’ll buy a PSP.

They, Sony, Talkes about how great it is for FMV and movies but who can write to a UMD?  I am thinking about a Tapwave Zodiac though.

Exactly, I want some actual movies on UMD. And if the battery life does suck which I hear it does, then it’s gonna be crappy. Portable systems are supposed to be good in battery life, with out good battery life then the system will fail. Personally I think the DS will do better for a couple of reasons

1. Better battery life
2. Cheaper
3. Wifi support

I really don’t care about a mp3 player, because my ipod (that I will hopefully be getting soon 8) ) will cover for that 😊

Posted: 02 August 2004 11:42 AM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2004-12-22

the psp looks pretty sweet to me…the only real problems i have with it is the battery life doesnt seem to be that good and the price tag is gonna be around 250-300…i might get one but i’ll have to see it in action first to see if its worth the cash…

Posted: 04 August 2004 03:07 PM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

battery life is low but who that may very well change. You never know. And the DS is cheaper because it isnt as advanced at PSP. PSP has so much more features. Its like why gamecube is cheaper then ps2. Different systems with different hardware in it.

Posted: 04 August 2004 03:42 PM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“gohan_bcc1”]battery life is low but who that may very well change. You never know. And the DS is cheaper because it isnt as advanced at PSP. PSP has so much more features. Its like why gamecube is cheaper then ps2. Different systems with different hardware in it.

The DS is cheaper because Nintendo understands pricing with systems.

The DS is a dual screen (one of which is a touch screen), dual processors, 3D graphics processing power, and Wi-Fi.  It is on paper a very expensive machine and probably has costs comparable to (if not more than)  the sony.

Nintendo understands no one will spend $300 for the DS considering the GBA SP is $99.  Handhelds should be inexpensive and Nintendo realizes that.  Sony will learn it the hard way when they realize if people arent buying it, its cause of the cost.

Posted: 04 August 2004 03:54 PM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  2662
Joined  2005-01-06

I agree it looks awesome, but I just don’t have the time in my day to play handhelds.

Signature 

http://www.pacats.com

Posted: 04 August 2004 03:59 PM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-07-18

Battery life will primarily be an issue for playing UMD movies, where more power is used to keep the disc continually spinning.  Much of a game can be stored in Memory once loaded.  Game-play time should be closer to the 8-10 hour mark.

Posted: 04 August 2004 05:21 PM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07
[quote author=“DougKaplan”][quote author=“gohan_bcc1”]battery life is low but who that may very well change. You never know. And the DS is cheaper because it isnt as advanced at PSP. PSP has so much more features. Its like why gamecube is cheaper then ps2. Different systems with different hardware in it.

The DS is cheaper because Nintendo understands pricing with systems.

The DS is a dual screen (one of which is a touch screen), dual processors, 3D graphics processing power, and Wi-Fi.  It is on paper a very expensive machine and probably has costs comparable to (if not more than)  the sony.

Nintendo understands no one will spend $300 for the DS considering the GBA SP is $99.  Handhelds should be inexpensive and Nintendo realizes that.  Sony will learn it the hard way when they realize if people arent buying it, its cause of the cost.

i know what you mean but i still think the psp is more expensive due to the other things it has put into it. Although i will probably end up getting both.

Posted: 04 August 2004 05:26 PM   [ # 22 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“gohan_bcc1”]i know what you mean but i still think the psp is more expensive due to the other things it has put into it. Although i will probably end up getting both.

Sony has been known (and most people will agree) to price their product higher than the rest of the industry to create a presitigious look to their product line.  They also promote the system as better than the rest (even if that is not true).

They do it with electronics and they are doing it with videogames.  They will lower the price to be competitive but will rake in the dough for the early adopters who will spend too much on the PSP just to have it when it first comes out.

Posted: 04 August 2004 05:26 PM   [ # 23 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-07-18

[quote author=“DougKaplan”]
Nintendo understands no one will spend $300 for the DS considering the GBA SP is $99.

It all comes down to the software doesn’t it?  Other than GT4, there’s not much to show for PSP just yet.  But it will improve, and I’ll definitely get it. 

I’m getting a DS primarily because the GBA already has an extensive library, but I never upgraded to the SP.  No real new-software reasons yet.

Posted: 04 August 2004 05:28 PM   [ # 24 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-07-18

[quote author=“DougKaplan”]
They do it with electronics and they are doing it with videogames.  They will lower the price to be competitive but will rake in the dough for the early adopters who will spend too much on the PSP just to have it when it first comes out.

They better come out swinging hard with good software.  I can’t believe the DS is coming out in a couple months!  I have long commutes to work on a train so I will welcome them both.

Posted: 04 August 2004 06:13 PM   [ # 25 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2004-08-04

I like the way its heading but the ds will also catch my eye

1 2 > 
1 of 2