< 1 2
2 of 2
Best Current-Gen Console?
Posted: 31 July 2004 05:34 AM   [ # 26 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2004-07-30

Well I really wanted a SNES avatar…  But it’s not a big deal.

Posted: 01 August 2004 09:53 AM   [ # 27 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2004-06-20

Well, I guess someone has gotta do it, so why not me?

Xbox.

If you would have asked me this back in November 2001, I’d not said such a thing. In fact it would have been almost inconceivable to think it. But Microsoft pulled off an amazing feat: making a game system that has great games by an American company. While some might not agree, I think we can thank them for helping to bring out the best in Western game developers. I wasn’t sure I’d see the day that I owned more Western-created games than Japanese, but here I sit looking at my game library and there it is.

Plus Xbox Live is wonderful, custom soundtracks have changed Racing games forever, and I love the S controller probably more than any other controller I’ve ever used (don’t get me started on the GC controller, or how I still hate the PS controller). Plus the vast majority of Third-Party games are best on Xbox as far as graphics and sound capabilities and other options.

Overall, the games I like and want are overwhelmingly on Xbox (Halo 2, Fable, Jade Empire, KOTOR 2, Conker, The Chronicles of Riddick, Ninja Gaiden, JSRF, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Otogi, PGR2, Rallisport Challenge 2, Doom III, Far Cry Instincts, Half-Life II, Unreal Championship 2 and Outrun II are the highlights for me :D ). I do like, even love some GC games (Metriod Prime, F-Zero GX, RE 1), and the PS2 has the widest range of games of all three, so you’re bound to like at least a few games on that system. So in the end you can’t really go wrong with any of them.

But my tastes lie with Xbox.

< 1 2
2 of 2