1 2 3 > 
1 of 3
What is your favorite portable device?
Posted: 16 June 2004 07:04 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

What is your favorite portable electronic device that you own, and why? It can be a video game machine, MP3 player, PDA…whatever. Let us know what it is, and why it’s your favorite.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 16 June 2004 07:22 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  718
Joined  2006-04-28

My cell phone with a built-in radio and camera. I don’t just love it…I need it all the time with me :roll:

Posted: 16 June 2004 07:33 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2004-06-15

My computer because it’s like a limb now.

Posted: 16 June 2004 08:23 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2004-06-16

MY pda i love my pda:

at first i only used it to do contacts and appointments but it has turned into my:

1 bible
2 dictionary (over 144,00 words takes up 1/3 of my ram)
3 Tetris player
4 photo album
5 emplyment machine for when i need to remember stuff for my jobs
6 finance organizer (no longer have to pay fees at the bank for over drawing)
7 pocket calculator.

needless to say it is something i doubt i could livewithout now.

Posted: 16 June 2004 08:58 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2004-06-16

I purchased a Fujitsu P5020D Laptop about 2 months ago, and this thing has simply been a great investment!  I use it pretty much everywhere I go, whether I am in class or at work or just on the road.  The integrated Wi-Fi 802.11bg has a very extended range, much longer than any previous laptop I have owned.  This makes connecting to internet hotspots across campus and near internet cafes a breeze.

This unit is very very compact(10.27? x 7.80? x 1.55?), and yet it provides the functionality and more in contrast to the Sony TR series.  Fortunately the price on the P5000 units are much more reasonable as well.  Due to its ultraportable size, it is also very light; pretty much all of my textbooks are heavier than this thing 😉

I have had alot of fun with this unit, I can play games like Diablo 2, Counter Strike and WarCraft3 without any problems; this unit packs quite a punch with its 1GHz Centrino and 512DDR!  The keyboard is also full sized, which is a blessing especially to such a compact laptop; most laptops of this size have keyboards with chiklet sized keys, but not the case with the P5000! 

This unit also came with a CD-RW+DVD drive combo; along with its widescreen display, this is a great portable movie player.  I have watched countless anime(I <3 Tsukihime…) and have never gotten any eyestrain from the screen!  I am constantly impressed by how well this laptop was designed.

Perhaps for some, a laptop with a larger screen and more power(ie. desktop replacement) is what they want, but for a portable all purpose laptop, Fujitsu P series is definitely the way to go!

If you have any inquiries or if you were planning on buying a laptop, feel free to post 8)

Posted: 17 June 2004 11:03 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2004-06-16

Hmm this is a toughie., i like my gba. It’s all i have other than my moms laptop. It seems to me that i always have my gba with me. Once i was playing itbefore school and it ended up in my schoolbag. Actually, i get so engrossed in final fantasy tactics advance that it is just rediculous. Boy do i have stories about getting the gba in the toilet, shower. Carrying it all over the place.

Now in things i want? Well i want an ipod. I am a music lover. I mean honestly. It’s like, i want an i pod but can’t get get it. I love music so shouldn’t i get it? I hate when rich people waste their cash on a “discman” when you can get an ipod. I want one so bad, i think i’m going to sell some blood so i get some cash to buy some pumpkins to make pies to sell. Yeah, that’s it. I’m ofF!
:shock:
I’m coming my love!

Posted: 17 June 2004 01:05 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2004-06-16

iPods are considerably more expensive than most discman players out there :lol:

Just get a job, it is the summer so even if you are still just a young student, you can work part-time for some extra cash.  If you really want something so bad, there is no reason why you can’t get it if you are willing to work for it. 

I’m still saving up for a Toyota Supra.  its going to take me some time, since I want to be sure I have enough to pay off the insurance on top of that, which will be a total killer. 

Preseverance pays off in the end 8)

Posted: 17 June 2004 04:33 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-06-15

What kind of Discman are you buying?!

24K gold?

Posted: 17 June 2004 07:36 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

^^^^

24K Gold?

:lol:  That was good!

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 18 June 2004 08:56 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2004-06-18

well, i really cant tell which of my portables is the one i like the most, so i will list them and tell you what i like about them…

My Lappy, is Dell Inspiron 8600, i use it every day, from simple email to web development, music, movies, games and everything you do on a pc.

My Mp3/cd player, i use it to listen music on the go, since i dont have a car, i have to takes the bus so is really usefull to have a cd/mp3 player…

My PDA, with i nearly never miss an appoinment, unless i really want to miss it… plus i can manage my contacts, play chess, and take quick notes… awesome tool

My mobile phone, allows me to connect to the internet for free almost anywhere in Costa Rica, plus i use it to communicate with friends, family and peers…

My gameboy, i dont use it as often as i used to, but is still a cool gadget..

Posted: 18 June 2004 09:03 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2004-06-18

hey com1? whats the battery life of your lappy, mine is pretty awesome, i get 4 hours on normal use..

here are my specs:

Pentium M 1.5|WUXGA|768MB|ATI MR 9600PT|60GB HDD| DVD+RW| TrueMobile 1300 wireless

Posted: 18 June 2004 02:41 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2004-06-16

I have the dell 5150. It’s a desktop replacement.

Posted: 18 June 2004 05:38 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-06-15

I think I’m going to get a laptop in the next year or so!

Gateway…Dell…iBook, which? They all own so much :(

Posted: 18 June 2004 05:55 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2004-06-16

shuzz: My Fujitsu gives me over 4 hours on a single charge. 

headshot: Don’t bother with MAC laptops… unless you really want to restrict yourself from all of the software that are only compatible with Windows architecture.

Posted: 18 June 2004 06:45 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-06-15

^ not that many of those, considering osx

Posted: 18 June 2004 09:40 PM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2004-06-18

yeah i agree, if you go with mac, you will lost a lot of compatibility….

Posted: 19 June 2004 08:02 AM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2004-06-19

My fav is of coz,my handphone.It is modest compared with the other gizmos but from the country where I come,portable device we did not have much choice about multi-functional portable device,and if there are,the price will be exorbitant.Hence I use my Nokia 3315(near extinction,lucky there are user like me)-ahaxzz. :D to keep myself in contact with my frenz..hey,even some time I can entertain my self with it’s rigtones..not so bad,isn’t it… tq

Posted: 19 June 2004 03:48 PM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-06-15

I don’t think I want a Dell…I have a problem with buying anything who’s slogan has “DUDE!” in it.

So Gateway would seem logical.

Or Alienware :twisted:

Posted: 19 June 2004 03:48 PM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2004-06-19

I’d have to say my GBA, because I travel so much. Seriously, during family vacations its the only thing that stopped me from putting a gun to my head and ending myself.

It was a close call between that and my PDA, but since gaming isn’t really that viable on them yet (IMO), the game boy won out.

Posted: 19 June 2004 03:50 PM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-06-15

I can’t play GBA in the car, it gives me headaches.

Posted: 19 June 2004 04:08 PM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2004-06-19

My GBASP and once I get it, my iPod

Posted: 19 June 2004 04:33 PM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

man its gotta be my Moterola V600. Gotta love a great Camera phone. Best part it i got it for free!!! from my aunt because she Works at Rogers and she was drawn to get the phone but she already likes her phone so she gave it to me for my birthday. Great camera and great quality. Also the functions are great and its very handy and I havnt broken it yet haha. Been great to have and very helpful. I use it for internet, to tell people where i am (text message). Play games when im on the bus. Abuse so my parents dont kick me off home phone haha, also to just have fun and take pictures of random thing. Take videos of my break dancing and doing stupid stuff so they have a laugh. Making your own ring tones is so fun haha. I love that feature.

SPECS:
Display:  Large high-resolution 65K TFT colour display
Screen size: 176 x 220 pixels internal display and 96 x 32 pixels external display
Blue, backlit 2-line external call display

Features:  E-mail: POP3/SMTP/IMAP 4
Mobile Internet
Two-Way Text Messaging with iTAP? Predictive Text software for simplified text entry
Video clip playback
22 KHz polyphonic speaker provides great sound for ring tunes, MP3’s and WAV files
Icon based menu
Instant access keys let you directly access the camera and browser menus
Four-way scroll lets you easily navigate menus and music functions
Memory - 5 MB of built-in flash memory
Built-in handsfree speakerphone
Phone book with up to 1000 entries and Picture Caller ID
Built-in calendar, calculator and to-do-list
Sleek, metal cover with interchangeable faceplates (sold separately) 

Connectivity:  Bluetooth?: Bluetooth activity can be seen via an illuminated blue light on the front of the phone
Data: USB & Serial data

Camera / Picture Messaging:  Integrated digital VGA camera: Take pictures at 3 different resolutions - high resolution (640 x 480 pixels), medium resolution (320 x 240 pixels) or low resolution (160 x 120 pixels)
Picture Messaging - send your digital photos from your phone to any e-mail address - and more

Entertainment:  32 embedded ring tunes
Downloadable ring tunes
Motomixer: Use your keypad as a mini-DJ booth to remix your ring tunes with echo and more bass. Even use MP3 files as ring tunes!
Turn the phone into an FM radio through the FM Stereo Radio Headset (sold separately)
1 embedded game: Stuntman
Downloadable games
15 embedded graphics

Next would have to be my I Pod, cant go wrong with tons of music can you haha. Without music id die haha. 15gb of music is incredible. Plus battery life is extremely long and its quite slim but large in dimensions but still a great thing to have.

Posted: 19 June 2004 04:34 PM   [ # 22 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-06-15

Can you upload the pics to a computer?

Posted: 19 June 2004 04:35 PM   [ # 23 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

for the cell phone? yeah of course. Its simple to. I need a laptop though its err i forgot what its called.

Posted: 19 June 2004 04:37 PM   [ # 24 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-06-15

Cool, my next cell phone may be a camera phone.

Posted: 19 June 2004 04:41 PM   [ # 25 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

o cool, what you planning on getting? and send me picture to.

1 2 3 > 
1 of 3