best voice recognition software?
Posted: 18 December 2006 04:11 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2005-12-09

I’m curious as to whether Dragon Naturally Speaking ( http://www.nuance.com/naturallyspeaking/  ) still the best voice recognition software?  I haven?t tried it in years, has it gotten better in the meantime.  Anyone tried a recent version?

Posted: 31 May 2008 03:17 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2008-05-26

I’ve used the recent version… but after i found out that it DOES NOT support x64 bit, i decided to throw it in the non-64bit supporting software pile and installed it on my old computer running Windows Vista Ultimate x32. It’s definitely better then Vista’s Speech Recognition, but the interface is not pretty, it’s more like the Windows 2000 interface. But the great thing was that you don’t have to Train it for it to work, it works right out of the box. also, this is not a resource demanding software, i’ve also installed it on XP, running within VMware with 512MB of ram and a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz Processor——(Xp on VMware only used One Core-not Two) and it ran pretty smooth, the only problem i had was a .5-1 sec delay every so often. I’d recommend this if it supports x64, but unfortunately… it doesn’t. I would recommend this to anyone that uses x32 and needs a good Speech Recognition software, it is still the Best out there.

-Roy

Posted: 31 May 2008 03:34 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-05-31

Exactly what tsunzilla said. Good luck with finding the right one!