How to Password Protect Windows XP?
Posted: 08 September 2012 01:42 AM     [ Ignore ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2012-08-22

It is a funny thing. Umm, my brother often likes to use my laptop when i am away. I bought this laptop last week and it runs on windows xp. It makes me quite annoyed. In order to prevent him from logging my laptop again. I had to create a strong xp guess password. I did it as the following description and found it really works. My brother can not use my laptop any more . I make it.

So if you need to protect your privacy in pc, you still have to create a user account. You can create it step by step:

Step 1: Click on the “Start” button on the Windows taskbar and then click on “Control Panel”. If “Control Panel” is not visible, try clicking on “Settings”, then “Control Panel”.
Step 2: Find “User Accounts” and click on that option.
Step 3: Click on your Windows XP user name from the pick an account to change area of the User Accounts window.
Step 4: Select the second option, which will be “Create a Password”.
Step 5: In the first two text boxes, enter the password you would like to start using. Entering the password twice helps to make sure that you typed your password correctly. Put a password hint on the third line.
Step 6: Click on “Create Password” button to confirm your new password.
Step 7: The next screen asks Do you want to make your files and folders private? If other user accounts will be setup on this PC and you’d like to keep your personal files private from those users, click on the “Yes”, Make Private button.
Step 8: Now that your Windows XP account has a password setup and it will return to the “User Accounts” window. You must use this password to log on to Windows XP from this point forward.

Now you have successfully password protect xp. It will prevent unauthorized users from logging on to your computer without your permission. It is badly needed if you live with many people, or work with a number of people. Otherwise, your personal information and downloading content will be viewed by others. What is worse, your Operating System can also be changed. Therefore, windows xp set password is much urgent.  All in all, password protect windows xp by creating a strong and effective user account is a good habit forever.

This is how I password protect windows xp. Maybe you can have a try! Good luck!