Its great..if watched in moderation
Posted: 16 December 2010 11:52 PM     [ Ignore ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-12-16

I started watching The Apprentice dvd about 4 years ago(maybe 5) and I really really liked it. The first thing that strikes you about it is the refreshing format, which though similar to a lot of other reality shows at its core, is still very entertaining. Donald Trump is wonderful as the host and the main judge of the show as well. The casting coup with intelligent people having good looks being picked as contestants is appreciated as well. But the best part of the show is New York city. Mark Burnett may have made a lot of crap in his time but his handling of the cinematography is excellent as he makes NYC look like a character unto itself. The jazz tunes coupled with some great camera-work make New York look spectacular.

The Apprentice dvd boxset will easily alway make my top 3 reality shows of all time(The Amazing Race is no. 1,however).But just like the amazing race this show is always best watched in moderation. If you keep watching it for a while the originality of the show will wear off fast(the same case as with TAR).Star World, the broadcasters in this country, did a bang up job in presenting the show. The first three seasons were shown in a row, then after 2 years the next two seasons were shown, which kept the concept fresh.

In conclusion, you will love The Apprentice on dvd, especially the first 2 seasons. However if you keep watching the show continuously, thereafter its charm WILL wear off and FAST.

Posted: 20 December 2010 02:50 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2010-06-25

As I follow the TV online so this is really helpful and I think it will be really good. thanks for sharing.