[GAME] Toy Story 3 (Wii)
Posted: 20 August 2010 12:17 AM     [ Ignore ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-08-20

Toys R Us
Kids games!  They’re all too short, too simple and have too many mini games.  What chance, then, does Toy Story 3 have? Plenty, it seems, if Pixar have anything to do with it.

You won’t be surprised to hear that the game follows the plot of the film closely, from the initial scenes of Evil Doctor Porkchop through to the story of Woody and Buzz’s attempts to fit in when Andy grows up.  Every level is varied and has you doing something different.  I particularly enjoyed the chase in the first episode, having to avoid falling rocks and jump over obstacles and the surprise of playing Buzz Lightyear The Game.

There are a few issues with things like climbing and the control method can be a tad unforgiving at times, some younger players may need help with the more difficult parts.  As with any game that uses different styles in each level some work better than others but, that said, none are particularly bad and it’s nice to have a bit of variety.

Getting a Buzz
Nothing feels rushed or incomplete and every level is fun to play through, but it’s the graphics on the Wii that impressed me most.  Having played the demo on the PS3 the Wii graphics do a good job of trying to keep up.  It may be missing some detail but pretty much everything is there and runs smoothly too.

Sound is provided by people trying to re-inact the original voice cast, which doesn’t quite work well enough to keep the feeling of authenticity in the game but it’s also not so bad that younger players won’t notice.  In fact I’d say because there really isn’t that much dialogue it gives the music much more of a chance to make an impression.

Toying Around
But it’s not the main game that excites me most, it’s the Toy Box mode which will keep me (and the kids) playing this for some time to come. 

Toy Box is basically an area where you can build a town, design the houses and dress the people up then do tasks for them to earn yet more items to play around with.  Think Animal Crossing but set in Woody’s Wild West world and you’ve got some idea of what it’s like.

The Toy Box is an ingenious idea and would probably sell a game in its own right.  The limitations of the Wii mean that you can only have one player though, where the PS3 and 360 seem to be able to use 2 players at once and even the main game on the Wii has a 2 player option.  It’s a bit of a shame as I could see it being even more fun for two to interact with the town.

Woody’s Roundup
It’s difficult to score this game.  If I was comparing it to other kid’s movie games then I’d say it’s one of the best I’ve played, if I’m comparing it to action games then it still stands up well but doesn’t look quite as favourable.  If you’re looking at a target audience of 5-10 year olds its perfect though and even adults will have some fun with Toy Box mode.

Posted: 21 August 2010 04:43 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-08-21

The most popular Kids game.I have played it many times when i was a kid.

Posted: 23 August 2010 02:49 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  311
Joined  2010-05-07

oh really it’s a nice kids game

Posted: 27 August 2010 04:10 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-08-27

Toy Story 3 features the return of Woody, Buzz Light year, Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head, Hamm and the rest of the crew of crazy, 11 years after you last graced the big screen. At its next frontier, owner of the toys and the love of his life, Andy, is going to college and after a series of happy events and unhappy, the team ends up in a local nursery.

Posted: 28 August 2010 08:30 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2010-08-26

I really want to play this game. Will u share with me.

Posted: 10 September 2010 04:01 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-09-10

Toy Story 3 is divided into two modes. The first mode is story mode, which provides a level based on or inspired by the movie. Levels are also added to the story, then you always play with the movie itself.

Posted: 27 September 2010 03:47 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2010-09-25

i have watch the all movies of toy story,but i never play game toy story,now you show this,i really excited about this movie.and i am looking forward to watch it.

Posted: 02 October 2010 12:00 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-10-01

Toy Story 3 is actually two games in one that is value for money there. Movie Story Mode covering the entire trilogy and can be very difficult for young players sometimes.

Posted: 03 December 2010 04:34 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-12-03

Great review I really liked the original, but as you say its a demo hidef Bluray and must have in your collection, and the beauty and the beast 10/10 also I know that beauty and the beast is THX certified, Toy Story 3 THX certified.

Posted: 15 December 2010 06:54 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-12-15

Toy Story 3 is divided into two modes of play The first mode is story mode, setting the levels based on or inspired by sections of the film. There are also levels that add to the story.

Posted: 27 December 2010 09:35 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2010-06-25

I seen the movie but didn’t play the game actually this is first time I come to know about the game.

Posted: 15 March 2011 03:50 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-03-15

Hi, my firned has told me about this game and then I tried this and really it is a very nice game to play. I like it.

Cheers!!!

bedroomfurnituremattress.com

[ Edited: 15 March 2011 03:53 PM by jorick7]

Posted: 07 June 2011 05:27 AM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2010-09-24

I have played this game that was interesting and movie was also superb.