Hitman 5
Posted: 31 March 2010 07:57 AM     [ Ignore ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-03-29

This is slightly old news, but we?ve got a big Hitman community here, and it came up in another post, so I thought I?d make it official.
Hitman 5 is definitely in production at IO Interactive, the developer of the first four (increasingly brilliant) games.
The news came about via page 17 of an Eidos report, published last year. Hitman is one of Eidos? biggest brands, so the continuation of the series felt like a given, but it?s nice to have the official tip all the same.
Three of the key founders of IO split off from the developer in recent weeks, so let?s hope that the creative and independent spirit of the company can live on, and that Hitman continues to grow, rather than succumbing to the stagnant annual release format adopted by many other popular series.
All the latest Hitman 5 content will appear on the Hitman 5 Gamepedia page

Posted: 02 April 2010 12:30 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-04-02

Eidos has revealed that development of a new addition to the Hitman series is underway: “Our future next generation console titles include new versions of Tomb Raider, Hitman and Championship Manager plus new IPs including Kane & Lynch and Crossfire,” the company said in a financial release.

Posted: 13 July 2010 09:27 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-07-13

The next edition of Hitman is scheduled to be released next year; according to recent reports IO Interactive is already working on Hitman 5 and will be unveiling it early in 2010.

The as yet unnamed episode will reportedly be joined by a new Hitman film based on the game. On its part, IO Interactive has confirmed that there a new game and a new film are both in the pipeline. However, the publisher has made it clear that there will be no overlapping between the game and the film.

Sending out a strong message to Hitman lovers, IO Interactive promised that enthusiasts will be receiving the Agent 47 of old in Hitman 5 and the character will be entirely unaffected by his Hollywood incarnation. The 2007 Timothy Olyphant starrer Hitman film was, while not well received by critics, quite successful with gross earnings of more than $100 million.

While IO Interactive has been pretty much quiet about Hitman 5, it was forced to make a statement and wash its hands off the film in order to put to rest the rumour that the game and the film are tied.

“I can tell you that there is no way we will be basing a storyline for a new Hitman game on the story in a licensed movie,” an IO Interactive community manager said in a statement. “That’s just not how we work so you shouldn’t be concerned about that.”

Posted: 06 October 2010 02:11 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2010-10-06

I remember they announced a game Thief and Hitman news the same day. It was a great day.

Posted: 08 December 2010 01:36 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2010-12-08

Hitman series is also great, I would love to see a sequel and was nothing sad was announced at E3. I really want to play through them again because.

Posted: 15 December 2010 06:51 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-12-15

That art is simply the art of an artist and has nothing to do with the next game, but the game is still to come and will link to the video.

Posted: 23 July 2013 02:27 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2013-06-02

Hitman Series is good. I hope they don’t put something bad to it.