iPad Problems - 14 Problems with Apple’s iPad
Posted: 22 March 2010 02:07 AM     [ Ignore ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-02-23

Apple just revealed the new Apple iPad Tablet that will probably make it one of the first failures by Apple’s latest line of products. Apple revealed this new Tablet PC as a challenger to netbooks. However, it’s already been labeled a “less powerful, but more expensive netbook.” Here are 14 iPad problems that made this Apple iPad an iDisappointment.

1. No Multitasking
The Apple iPad is just like the iPhone, in that there is no multitasking. You can’t work on a document and talk on AIM or Gtalk. In other words, the iPad just a giant iPod Touch (the iPod Touch being better) and cannot match netbooks.

2. It Has an Awkward Design
The design is a bit awkward because you have to hold it in one hand and balance it while your other hand uses the functionality or more likely you will need to put it on your knees to use it properly. It’s like holding a monitor, I’m sure nothing will happen to it.

Some people complain about the Bezel being too large, but perhaps this was necessary so that you don’t constantly give commands while moving around.

3. No Adobe Flash
Were you considering watching Hulu on this? How about youtube (well we’ll have to wait for an app for that)? Thinking of playing flash games while waiting on the bus? Oh well.

4. No USB, Need Adapters
Again with the iPod design, you need to plug in the special Apple adapter. If you lose it, you’ll have to buy another. If you want to plug in multiple devices you need USB to iPad adapters! Since it’s not even using Mac OS, most USB devices would probably not work anyway.

5. AT&T Once Again
Are you thinking of purchasing the 3G version? You’ll need to get it with AT&T and think of how overloaded their service will be now. There is no Verizon, T-Mobile, or Sprint service available for this product, some of which has better coverage. You can’t use T-Mobile’s 3G at all because of their MicroSIM made specifically for AT&T.

6. Memory Business Model
Apple will charge you extra for higher memory. It’s a business model they use for all their products to increase profits. That’s why they don’t want other storage devices being inserted to improve memory. You’re also stuck with a limit of 64GB, so don’t think about putting in all your music, movies, or games.

7. Touch Keyboard
Many people were complaining about the touchscreen keyboard. Which would be fine if it worked perfectly and you didn’t have to sit it exactly on your lap and make sure it’s flat. You can however, attach an Apple keyboard, just another way for Apple to make money.

8. App Store Again
Just like the iPod Touch you have to download everything from an App store. Meaning if you don’t like Safari, you’re stuck with it. Some apps may be banned once again.

9. No Cameras
Yeah no web cams on the front, and no cameras for photos or videos from the back either.

10. No Removable Battery
You can’t just take an extra battery with you on a long trip because the battery works the same way as an iPod (though my bet is, it doesn’t last as long).

11. No HDMI/DVI Output
You can’t plug this thing into your TV to display your HD movies. You’d need AppleTV for that.

12. No Widescreen
16:9 ain’t happening, you’re stuck with a 4:3 screen.

13. No GPS
There’s no GPS, so—unlike the T-Mobile MyTouch or the Verizon Droid which both run on Android, can multitask and have GPS so that you can use the Beta Google Maps Navigation system for turn-by-turn directions—you’re stuck with locating yourself via WiFi hotspots.

14. It’s Large, Slow, and Clunky
Not only will you have to buy accessories to protect your device, it’s very large making it easy to drop and probably won’t live a healthy life in a backpack filled with notebooks and other possibly sharp objects. There may be a number of accessories sold by Apple to cover some of these problems.

The iPad max speed is 1GHz (A4 processor) and will probably be just as slow surfing the web as most other smartphones and it won’t match up to netbooks. There is no Mac OS X or anything either, it’s definitely the iPhone OS except without the Phone capability and of course I’m sure they will ban Google Voice and Skype.

The iPad is about the size of a Kindle, so it is nice for reading e-books I suppose, but then I’m not sure why I wouldn’t just buy a Kindle.

As with all companies that initially have much success, they get a little overconfident and launch a product just to create more hype and increase their stock prices.

More related iPad Problem resources:

ipad wiki - What you need to know about iPad

The iPad is a tablet computer developed by Apple Inc. Announced on January 27, 2010, it is similar in functionality to the iPhone and iPod touch, running the same operating system (iPhone OS) and almost all of the same applications…

Posted: 01 July 2010 10:42 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
N00b
Joined  2010-07-01

I have a few agreements and dis agreements with the iPad drawbacks.

1. No Multitasking
Agreed

2. It Has an Awkward Design
the design is pretty good, infact I saw my cousin playing games on the ipad, it gives a real pleasure plus you can read books and watch movies, I think its design is portable and providing its real purpose.

3. No Adobe Flash
As far as youtube is there, I and a lot of people don’t really care about flash, otherwise there wont be a lot of sales made by apple if flash was a major issue.

4. No USB, Need Adapters
So its a hardware design, what else should we expect , I think we need to use recommended hardware accessories and peripherals developed by the company itself.

5. AT&T Once Again
I think its not an issue, they are responsible for providing the real good service and that’s what they are doing.

6. Memory Business Model
higher space needs more money, its common everywhere, you want more RAM or more computer memory you ave to pay more,

7. Touch Keyboard
There is a solution for touchscreen keyboard recommended by apple is to use external keyboard. I tried this and it feels that you are using a mac book.

8. App Store Again
Its just a simple browsing, and safari is good enough to browse stuff for you. plus app store is very good to be used

9. No Cameras
Agreed

10. No Removable Battery
I agree but apple products batteries are designed with the life of product, they are actually really good.

11. No HDMI/DVI Output
You can’t plug this thing into your TV to display your HD movies. You’d need AppleTV for that.

12. No Widescreen
but screen is sufficient enough to get your work and watch movies, I personally is satisfied with the screen.

13. No GPS
Agreed

Regards
Ronnie Williams
WirelessPhoneGllery
ipad accessories

Posted: 04 July 2010 07:59 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
N00b
Joined  2010-07-04

I wasn’t aware that there were so many problems with this device.  I guess I will hold off buying one till they are all rectified.

Posted: 25 July 2010 06:41 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2010-07-11

I think whoever is using apple ipod they loves it, design is really cool though they have some problems, but for your points i laso disagree at some point

if Youtube is there you really dnt need flash player, and its design is really cool, and for more memory invest more :D

Posted: 26 July 2010 09:27 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
N00b
Joined  2010-07-26

All gadgets have their pros and cons, I think iPad designers at Apple may have done their prior testing before release. They have certain features and audience in mind. It definitely cannot cater to everyone’s needs. They got their fans and as with all other gadgets, their critics too.